Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have a Saleen Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange. Very strange. And you have to pay extra for that? No wonder they are going out of business. Their website doesn't show Tesla based cars anymore...

Yes it does. They renamed it to from Foursixteen to GTX a while ago.

6d4b087a290b26fc877e783652f244b7.jpg

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its so funny how people like to crush others on thier tastes.

I think in the end, the aftermarket space is strong. And, no matter how strong you usually have two camps around this topic. Those that appreciate mods (this isnt my taste but I completely understand the motivation) and the purists who tend to look at your choices like you have a 3rd eye or something.

Its your ride - do what you will with it!!

PS - you may want to look at unplugged performance for some of their upgrades. I do agree that messing with the motor isnt the way to go, but if you are looking for cosmetic changes, they are a great alternative as well.

I agree. I am not a fan of the nosecone. I don't hate it by any means. I just think it looks a bit odd. It's the only aspect of the look of the car that I don't just plain love. And I have not seen one aftermarket solution, like a wire mesh, that seems to solve the problem. One day I might get mine wrapped body color just see how it looks. Helpful for protection too.

Disagree. Saleen front fascia is much better looking.

If Tesla wanted a cheap front replacement and not a fuax grill they would have made the nosecone body color.

Anyone who sees the nosecone and says it is not a fuax grill is being intellectually dishonest.

The car looks AWESOME! Would really like to get the exterior kit but Saleen is in serious financial trouble. I'd like to chat with someone that has one and see how the body panels fit.

I'm not interested in finding out. The few mechanical mods he made are inconsequential. I wouldn't want to do anything to void the warranty. I'm only interested in the body treatments.

Hi Stephen,

I agree the mechanical modifications are inconsequential and dubious. Regarding how the panels fit, in the attached photo to me it looks like the modified front trunk hood doesn't match up well with the modified nose.

Saleen-FourSixteen-Tesla-Model-S-PLACEMENT.jpg

Larry

Regarding how the panels fit, in the attached photo to me it looks like the modified front trunk hood doesn't match up well with the modified nose.[/IMG]
Good point. Those ridges should definitely be made to line up -- either smooth them out on the hood or put matching ridges on the nose. The gap in that picture suggests an aerodynamic issue to me.

I cant see why anyone would subject themselves to the vehement disdain many on TMC have toward Saleen.
Vehement disdain? I haven't seen that.

Having a distaste for some design choices is a good thing, and politeness should be in play when expressing it.

Take a look at the Fisker thread for a taste of what would be expected.

Anyway, bummer, if such a voice doesn't feel welcome here. It's a bad thing for both TMC and the Saleen vehicle owner if that's the case.

Good point. Those ridges should definitely be made to line up -- either smooth them out on the hood or put matching ridges on the nose. The gap in that picture suggests an aerodynamic issue to me.

What you see not lining up is actually open vents to allow air flowing from the side front vents through the bumper and then over the hood.

Like it or not, the pricing for the body parts is unreal!

I spotted a black one in February, near the San Diego showroom, although they didn't go into the mall. I wasn't able to see the front unfortunately. Personally, I think the wing is a bit too much but I do like the lower diffusers in carbon, also the chrome bar on the trunk isn't just blacked out, it's carbon (or a wrap to look like carbon) I think it's a nice touch. You can't really see it in this picture but the rims have the Saleen logo in the center.
bzVY9CI.jpg

I spotted a black one in February, near the San Diego showroom, although they didn't go into the mall. I wasn't able to see the front unfortunately. Personally, I think the wing is a bit too much but I do like the lower diffusers in carbon, also the chrome bar on the trunk isn't just blacked out, it's carbon (or a wrap to look like carbon) I think it's a nice touch. You can't really see it in this picture but the rims have the Saleen logo in the center.
View attachment 77003

Saleen Tesla : Turning the Model S into a rice rocket....

Good find Larry. It probably wouldn't look too pretty seeing it from the other side. Wow does it look beautiful tho. Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Great find!!!! Looks pretty bad a--. Would like to know what kind of wheels those are. Looks like they're convex? I know they're 22's. I checked w Saleen and the exterior kit is 24,500, said they charge $3,800 for install and $7,500 for paint. wheels are $5500, $7250 with tires. must b some high perf tires. They'd send me the kit and I'd have a shop to the paint and install.