Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do customers like the folding 2nd row seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
To my surprise, I didn't see a thread on this when I did a search of this forum. Who knows, maybe I just missed it.

A huge complaint that got tons of attention in the first few months of Model X was about how the 2nd row seats don't fold flat. However, Tesla now has a fold fat 2nd row seat, but only in the 5 seat configuration.

How has public/customer reception been on this? Are people happy now? Does it still suck? Is it great, but sucks that it only seems to be an option in 5 seat config? Thoughts?

I have the 5-seater and I'm happy with it. Could it be better? Definitely. For example, I wish we had three folding sections (left, right, middle) rather than only the 60/40. That would allow two passengers in the left & right seats and still allow the center portion to be lowered for something like skis to be set up the middle. Instead two people have to sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the "60%" section when the "40%" section is down.

Independent of the design, I still don't have a functioning cargo/load floor (as with many others, there are other posts here on that topic). That sucks, but I'm working around it.

I could mention other things but I don't want to sound too negative. I waited a year to take delivery of my X so I could put a dog crate in the back. I can now do that and overall I'm happy.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin