Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY - Carbon Fiber Door Handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have these carbon fiber door decals from RPM. They went on easy and look great....when the handles are in. They do not wrap around the whole handle and look unfinished when the door handles are extended.

Add me to the list OP. $100 for a full wrap carbon fiber black door handle.

Thank You!

Agreed! Not only is it $25 per door (which is cheap!), but it's brandfisch's time, materials, and "R&D" to design the thing in the first place AND offer it for free to anyone who wants to do it themselves.

I'm in for a set.

ok, you got me...didn't think of it as "per door" price...in that case, add me too!

- - - Updated - - -

Yup I prefer the full handle being wrapped. My handles currently have just the surface wrapped...

especially if it gets hot like others have mentioned!

Hey guys - ok, I just got material in and I am planning to do a batch of them this weekend. I will ship out on Monday and you'll receive by Wednesday, before Thanksgiving... will be a nice easy project for you over the holiday weekend.

As I said, $100 for a set... that includes 2-day shipping within US. CLICK HERE to send me your payment via PayPal.

Orders received by midnight on Friday night will be processed this weekend. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until I do another batch in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a video that I recorded so you know what to expect:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi this is Mark with RPM Tesla. if you can share the pattern I can send you some free parts.

Please check out our other carbon fiber parts at RPM Tesla

my cell is 949-521-4383

- - - Updated - - -

We are adding these full wrap version soon. check RPMTESLA.COM soon !!

Only $49 for a full set, we may make the upgrade backward compatible so you just need the add the top pieces for $29 !

Mark

Hi Mark, just got the stuff I ordered from you today and it's great. Front and rear "red Tesla" and "red tesla" for the wheel caps. I think the OP posted the pattern in the first few pages. I just purchased a set from him and look forward to installing when they come in.

Hi this is Mark with RPM Tesla. if you can share the pattern I can send you some free parts.

Please check out our other carbon fiber parts at RPM Tesla my cell is 949-521-4383

Only $49 for a full set, we may make the upgrade backward compatible so you just need the add the top pieces for $29 !

Mark

Mark, thanks for the update ... I am interested in the top pieces.

Hi Mark
I am interested too in ordering the top pieces to go with the front pieces I bought from you a few weeks ago.

-John

Please check out our other carbon fiber parts at RPM Tesla

my cell is 949-521-4383

- - - Updated - - -

Mark

Hey guys - ok, I just got material in and I am planning to do a batch of them this weekend. I will ship out on Monday and you'll receive by Wednesday, before Thanksgiving... will be a nice easy project for you over the holiday weekend.

As I said, $100 for a set... that includes 2-day shipping within US. CLICK HERE to send me your payment via PayPal.

Orders received by midnight on Friday night will be processed this weekend. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until I do another batch in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a video that I recorded so you know what to expect:

Not liking that RPM has threadjacked, so bringing it back to brandfisch.

Bought a cricut for this (and other crafts that my wife can explore). Royally messed up the first handle. I peeled the vinyl before removing the backing, causing it to inadvertently stretch. When I went to put it on the handle, some parts were too long and wrinkled over the edging. Second try is better, but hard to get the corners clean (where the overhang and flaps meet). Since the cricut costs $200 on amzn, and $20 for the vinyl, I felt like having the tools would be a better option. Especially with my screwups, I can create 2-3 full sets to mess up on.

Few notes for those who are new to cricut/vinyl:
- Peel the negative area first to prevent stretching the piece.
- Cricut does not accept pdf as an image. Perhaps there is a better way, but I converted the PDF to PNG, then loaded to cricut.
- The cricut seems to have scaled the image down significantly (3"x3"). I ended up creating a black bar across the top so I could resize in the cricut app to exactly 12". Perhaps scaling it is losing some resolution around the notches.
- I used the middle vinyl setting on the cutting depth. It is a bit difficult to separate in the finer edges. A deeper depth setting would be better (iron on or whatever it is on the dial).
- I used a dash removal tool to press down the portion that tuckts into the door body. Credit card or fingernail would work as well.
- Cricut air seems to only be usable online through their website app and cricut account. Free to create an account, but more of an FYI for people who hate maintaining multiple login/passwords.

I only did one today, and will get the other three done tomorrow. Will send a few bucks via paypal for sharing your template.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BurntOC
20151124_194149.jpg

Received these and installed them today. Amazing work

- - - Updated - - -

20151124_194212.jpg

Thanks, Stevers - that was very kind of you.

Sorry you had trouble with the PDF - I didn't think of that! CLICK HERE to download a zip file containing the .SVG files (that Cricut likes) for the left and right handles.

Thanks for the svg! I may try to redo a few handles as I've messed up in a few places. No one can see the wrinkles, and it tucks into the door just fine. Maybe in a few months if I decide to keep the anthracite pattern. I also realized that I put on the door handles upside down and didn't realize it until way too late. For my clumsy self, having the ability to cut out multiple sets worked out well.

Photo Nov 24, 10 16 16 AM.jpg
Photo Nov 24, 10 16 34 AM.jpg