Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Divorce and the Big Car Payment

What would you do if your marriage was less than perfect.

• Cosign with your wife to save $500?

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Get the loan in your name only?

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I learned was that a lot people on this forum have a tendency to jump to conclusions. Just because I'm sweating over the small stuff doesn't mean I'm poor. Don't worry, I can afford the car. I know multimillionaires that sweat even smaller amounts than I do. There's a reason we are well off and not up to our eyeballs in debt. The Tesla loan will be my only loan. At 2% it would be foolish not to finance it. I could pay cash if I wanted to liquidate some assets and that might be a good idea with the stock market at an all-time high. A fool and his money...

One thing I learned was that a lot people on this forum have a tendency to jump to conclusions. Just because I'm sweating over the small stuff doesn't mean I'm poor. Don't worry, I can afford the car. I know multimillionaires that sweat even smaller amounts than I do. There's a reason we are well off and not up to our eyeballs in debt. The Tesla loan will be my only loan. At 2% it would be foolish not to finance it. I could pay cash if I wanted to liquidate some assets and that might be a good idea with the stock market at an all-time high. A fool and his money...
What you said

One thing I learned was that a lot people on this forum have a tendency to jump to conclusions. Just because I'm sweating over the small stuff means I'm poor. Don't worry, I can't afford the car. I know multimillionaires that sweat even smaller amounts than I do. There's a reason we are not well off and up to our eyeballs in debt. The Tesla loan will not be my only loan. At 2% it would be foolish not to finance it. I could pay cash if I wanted to liquidate some assets and live in a cardboard box and that might be a good idea with the stock market at an all-time high. A fool and his money...
What everyone else read....

At 1.99% it would be almost $5000 in interest at 6 years.

80k / 72 = 1111.11 per month
@1.99% = 1180 per month

So 69x72=4968
Close, but with some rounding errors.

Monthly payment @ 1.99% is $1,179.68
Total interest paid is $4,937.26*.

*Depends on how the bank does it. They may make it $1,179.69, since there's a $0.31 discrepancy at the end of the loan with $1,179.68.