Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disneyland fireworks setting off sentry alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During Disneyland fireworks, I get push notifications saying “Sentry mode has triggered the alarm state” & "Car alarm has been triggered"

First time it happened, I never seen that message before and thought someone broke into my car while watching Disneyland fireworks. Even though I put a new iPad Air in the frunk where no thief can see it. So I got panicky thinking about the iPad Air I won at the arcade got stolen. But then I realized it was likely that fireworks caused the alarm to go off. And when I went back to my car, all windows were intake and nothing stolen.

And then I saw the same message today when I watched fireworks again. So I guess if my alarm state goes off during fireworks, then very likely no one is breaking into my car.

I park in a neighborhood that is very close to the backstage area where the fireworks are shot from. So are fireworks the only thing that can cause a false sentry alarm? It's a message I never seen the first time so I got scared.

During Disneyland fireworks, I get push notifications saying “Sentry mode has triggered the alarm state” & "Car alarm has been triggered"

First time it happened, I never seen that message before and thought someone broke into my car while watching Disneyland fireworks. Even though I put a new iPad Air in the frunk where no thief can see it. So I got panicky thinking about the iPad Air I won at the arcade got stolen. But then I realized it was likely that fireworks caused the alarm to go off. And when I went back to my car, all windows were intake and nothing stolen.

And then I saw the same message today when I watched fireworks again. So I guess if my alarm state goes off during fireworks, then very likely no one is breaking into my car.

I park in a neighborhood that is very close to the backstage area where the fireworks are shot from. So are fireworks the only thing that can cause a false sentry alarm? It's a message I never seen the first time so I got scared.
Parking near train tracks, parking near airport under airplane flight path, parking near tunnels being bored by Elon's Boring Company, parking near SpaceX launches, parking on an active fault line, parking near Kilauea volcano, I'm sure there are plenty of others.

• Funny
Reactions: ATPMSD