Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion : All discussion regarding Model 3 and Tax credit in model 3 subforum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be impossible to simply “move production” of LFP cells to the US in 3 years much less 3 months. They don’t have any existing factory here that is made to build LFP cells. In fact they don’t have a factory anywhere that makes LFP cells. They buy them from other companies.
Pretty sure a new modest sized factory in 1 year is possible, it is material sources that could be bigger challenge.
(Cue Corpus Christy?)

SO, question:

If I order a M3P, I need to show my 2023 1040 to Tesla to get the $7500 credit?
Also:
I installed Solar in 2023 too (Home efficiency improvements), had a full refund for 2023 and have some more of that refund that will carry over into 2024, will that affect the $7500?

Last edited:
SO, question:

If I order a M3P, I need to show my 2023 1040 to Tesla to get the $7500 credit?
Also:
I installed Solar in 2023 too (Home efficiency improvements), had a full refund for 2023 and have some more of that refund that will carry over into 2024, will that affect the $7500?
You need to talk to your tax advisor about this kind of stuff. I don't believe you need to show your 1040 to Tesla.

Model 3 Performance in Ultra Red now no longer qualifies for the $7,500 tax credit after the $1,000 price hike today. Lame. Should have just ordered it over the weekend. Now I'm stuck getting black, not interested in the other colors. :rolleyes:

.....and they increased the base price by another $1,000 this past Thursday, making it so that only the standard stealth grey with black interior qualifies for the tax credit.