Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disconnect from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first sentence reads like it is intended as a question, but isn't punctuated as one and the exact question isn't clear.

Historically, there's a big gap in their communications that lasts from right after the order is placed until they have a car ready to ship (within a week of delivery.) It happened on both my orders and I've read it on a lot of others, too.

I'm not happy about it, but I don't think it is the single most important thing they need to do.

• Funny
Reactions: BZM3
They're still a young company and the Model 3 is really their first "big seller". The other car companies have had decades to figure all this out, Tesla has really only been selling cars at significant volume for about 5 years. They'll work it all out eventually, but for now we have to deal with the growing pains.

what are you looking for?
How about just answering the phone. I still don't have a vin but there's a car pretty much identical to what I ordered on the Existing stock page of my delivery center. And I've been trying to call all day to see about getting it assigned but calls are going straight to a voice mail system. Several messages left with no response

Tesla works similar to most other Internet ordering processes. You order, you wait, it appears.
You order, you won't hear anything until about 2 days before when you get a call/text that your car is ready.

It's pretty simple.

That works alright if you're ordering a couple thousand dollars worth of speakers or something similar but works less well when you're ordering a car that costs as much as a BMW M3.

That works alright if you're ordering a couple thousand dollars worth of speakers or something similar but works less well when you're ordering a car that costs as much as a BMW M3.

No, that's the way it works. It's still a market constrained by the factory. If you don't get the car, someone else is in line for it. They are delivering cars as fast as they can make them. If you want to be served a glass of wine while they drive you around to look at your options, then it's time to go somewhere else.

They need better customer service. Look all over the forum. They aren't responding to people on basic requests for information.

Also, "glass of wine"? Get real. I'm asking them to answer emails and the phone. That's a real tough ask of a multi billion dollar car manufacturer.

I go back and forth on this issue. Am I frustrated I have a pile of accessories and a plug in the garage I can't use yet? Yes. Do I wish they had not said on the Manage Order page that it would be two weeks from order to delivery (it's 2.5, so crocodile tears I know)? Yes.

Do I think they are committing fraud or being misleading? Sort of, but really I am trying just to focus on staying positive, fulfilling my urges by reading and commiserating with others in the same situation on here, and keeping thoughts that I will hopefully be supremely happy with the car once it's delivered. I am fortunate to be able to afford such a luxury so keeping myself grounded can only help.

My husband on the other hand wants to cancel the car and go somewhere else, but since no one is making cars like this with these features (not to mention the aforementioned pile of accessories in the garage) he knows that I will be extremely unhappy if we were to cancel. So we wait.

I go back and forth on this issue. Am I frustrated I have a pile of accessories and a plug in the garage I can't use yet? Yes. Do I wish they had not said on the Manage Order page that it would be two weeks from order to delivery (it's 2.5, so crocodile tears I know)? Yes.

Do I think they are committing fraud or being misleading? Sort of, but really I am trying just to focus on staying positive, fulfilling my urges by reading and commiserating with others in the same situation on here, and keeping thoughts that I will hopefully be supremely happy with the car once it's delivered. I am fortunate to be able to afford such a luxury so keeping myself grounded can only help.

My husband on the other hand wants to cancel the car and go somewhere else, but since no one is making cars like this with these features (not to mention the aforementioned pile of accessories in the garage) he knows that I will be extremely unhappy if we were to cancel. So we wait.
I feel your pain. I'm hopeful this will all be resolved by 9/30, their quarter end. We'll see!

how many agree that tesla must informed buyers about delivery process in details once order placed.

I ordered my Tesla and receivers email from.sales advisor but no response after any questions and updates regarding status of order .

Log into your Tesla account and select contact us and use the online chat function. You will get a live person and they can usually assist you. I had to do this when I couldn't schedule a mobile appointment and come to find out they were not able to either at the time for some reason but they took the information and forwarded to the local service center and I got a text the next day from the local SC about setting up the appointment.

Log into your Tesla account and select contact us and use the online chat function. You will get a live person and they can usually assist you. I had to do this when I couldn't schedule a mobile appointment and come to find out they were not able to either at the time for some reason but they took the information and forwarded to the local service center and I got a text the next day from the local SC about setting up the appointment.
True that. I have been waiting for almost 4 weeks now. Every time I contact them (email/chat), I usually get a call back within a couple of hours. Wait is frustrating. But I am hoping it’s worth it. Thanks to the experiences shared on this forum and many folks who I personally know, that own a Tesla.