Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed to see 7.1 doesn't really fix with windshield wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy with the 7.1 improvements, but I believe the MS intermittent wipers will never be as good as what I had with my former Lexus -- primarily because the Tesla has only 2 physical intermittent settings (like my MBZ used to have), whereas my Lexus, once placed into intermittent mode, then had a secondary physical ring on the same stalk allowing variable control over the sweep frequency. No matter how Tesla reprograms it, IMHO, 2 settings will never be as good or please as many owners, as allowing the driver to just refine intermittent frequency for their particular circumstance like my Japanese Lexus provided.

I appreciate PadD's suggestion of adding something to the UI, but for me, that's a horrible workaround -- needing to touch the stalk to turn on the wipers with one hand, then seek out a setting to change the wiper frequency with the other on the 17". I doubt I'd use that very often because it's just too much to deal with.

Given all the rain in the Bay Area this last week, I have to say the wipers worked really well--well enough that I noticed the change. They handled everything from downpour to drizzle well and adjusted quickly--I would put them now on par with any of my prior cars. The only place I found I had to intervene is when the windshield was getting a light misting.

TSLA: just look at AUDI they can tell you how its made. I owned an premium Audi for 4 years, and never even changed the setting at all. Just set it to auto and forget. They start and stop and even accelerate more if necessary.
Its sad that our car maker does not get this right in over 8 years of business.