Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Di_w126 power reduced - PLEASE HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All
Looking for some help. I was driving home and I gave it hard acceleration and it threw Di_w126 power reduced code. I want to note that I was only driving the car for about 2 minutes before giving the hard acceleration.

I got home 2 minutes later let the car sit for 5 minutes and went back in. The code was gone and then drove the car soft for 5 minutes topping out at 70MPH.

I have noticed when I give the car hard accelarion the car vibrates a little bit. But when I lower the suspension it goes away and when I raise it, it gets worse. Not sure if related

Am I doomed??
Thanks!

Sorry but I think your DU is dying. That was the code I got before the LDU went out. It will happen more and more frequently. Get your car to service ASAP.
The soonest appointment is 17 days away. I have it set but not sure what else to do. I drove the car again today and no lights or warnings..how often did it pop up on your dashboard before giving out?

Could be a non-issue:

Why is my Tesla saying power reduced?

“What this alert means: Your vehicle has detected that the high voltage battery does not have enough energy remaining to support driving. This alert is usually present because your vehicle's high voltage battery charge level has been reduced through normal operation.”

So it could have been nothing more than trying to pull more power from the battery then it could provide. Maybe the battery was cold? Try again after driving the car for more than 2-minutes to ensure the battery is warm. Keep the appointment for now, of course.

Could be a non-issue:

Why is my Tesla saying power reduced?

“What this alert means: Your vehicle has detected that the high voltage battery does not have enough energy remaining to support driving. This alert is usually present because your vehicle's high voltage battery charge level has been reduced through normal operation.”

So it could have been nothing more than trying to pull more power from the battery then it could provide. Maybe the battery was cold? Try again after driving the car for more than 2-minutes to ensure the battery is warm. Keep the appointment for now, of course.
Appreciated. It was on a cold battery and happened 2 minutes after driving. I have been driven 20-30 miles since with no notification

UPDATE:
I drove the car multiple times today, probably around 40 miles. The car is driving perfectly normal and no codes have been thrown. I also gave it hard acceleration after the battery was warmed up and went as normal.

The past notification could have been triggered just by driving hard cold battery . I am keeping my appointment for the time being, but if the car drives fine over the next 2 weeks I will probably cancel

Reactions: ATPMSD
Hi all
Another update. Wondering if anyone has any feedback. This exact error code happened an additional time since the original error. This time it happened after I was charging from a trip. I was at a red light and gave it a hard acceleration and then threw the code. I pulled over turned it off and back on , and everything back to normal.

Do yoy think this is a sign the battery is failing? Or just driving the card “too hard” under certain circumstances?