Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Opens Monday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Progress... Design studio for Model X opens on Monday! 100D?

Hopefully I can order a sunshade!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 10.26.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 10.26.00 PM.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Informative
Reactions: beths11
Then what, upgrade those customers to 90D with a new upgrade charge, or at no cost to customer? If the latter, you'd have an angry bunch of 90D reservists/owners crying foul. Same question if they offered a 100D and/or P100D. What then for cars already delivered as far as upgrade fee, and what about the non-VIN assigned confirmed orders already out there waiting for queueing that are 90D and P90D's? What might they say or pay to upgrade before VIN gets assigned, locking them into their confirmed configurations?
Lots of pondering, but no solid answers until we see what news Elon offers us in 48 hours.

Then what, upgrade those customers to 90D with a new upgrade charge, or at no cost to customer? If the latter, you'd have an angry bunch of 90D reservists/owners crying foul. Same question if they offered a 100D and/or P100D. What then for cars already delivered as far as upgrade fee, and what about the non-VIN assigned confirmed orders already out there waiting for queueing that are 90D and P90D's? What might they say or pay to upgrade before VIN gets assigned, locking them into their confirmed configurations?
Lots of pondering, but no solid answers until we see what news Elon offers us in 48 hours.

I suspect there won't be any X changes, but if there are it's unlikely that a lower end model would be entirely removed. More likely would be to bump the 70 to an 80 to boost the appeal.

Speculation is meaningless, but sometimes fun, so my guess would be that any battery change is just going to be the introduction of a 100 battery at a price point above the 90 for the S and maybe for the X. (i.e. The lineup would now be 70, 90, 100) As long as the 100 is priced above the current price of the 90, customer complaints get minimized. Then six months down the road, you phase out the 90 and bump the 70 to an 80.

It will be interesting to see if they keep the X and S in lockstep for battery options.