Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Today - Recap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time watcher, virgin poster.

I put a deposit on a Model 3 almost 3 years ago to the day (12-Apr-2016). I held out for the Standard Range version and placed an order on 25-Apr-2018. When it came time to design the car on 28-Feb-2019 for whatever reason I ended up with a new RN, so had to cancel the old one (as much as I'd like two Model 3's ...).

The waiting and ordering process over the last month wasn't too bad. I got decent feedback and updates, even though the estimates ended up being a couple weeks late (but after 3 years I could handle a couple of extra weeks).

I'm on the outskirts of the Halifax region of Nova Scotia so our cars get delivered from Quebec. My account indicated a delivery date of 06-Apr-2019. I got a surprise call yesterday (02-Apr-2019) indicating the car left Quebec and would arrive the next day. It came on time (mid-morning) on a big truck with 9 other cars (only one other Tesla). I was the first one off the truck!

The first thing the driver asked me was whether the dealer had called me. They had not. Apparently when the car left the dealership it had a couple of scratches and a cracked windshield. I'm glad they identified that at the dealership (he had pictures and records) because in the cold and pouring rain on I couldn't see any of those items on a black car. The only apparent damage suffered via transit was a lengthening of the windshield crack.

Home_windshield2.JPG

I've started a conversation with delivery agent to figure out the next steps to get these issues resolved. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar experience and what they ended up doing.

When the car arrived my paperwork wasn't processed so I wasn't able to set up the application, but that's now been sorted out.

I love the car and it's definitely worth the wait. I'm eager to get these last issues sorted out so I can drive it without worrying I'm voiding a warranty or something (although just sitting in it, listening to tunes and playing with the fart mode is an enjoyable enough experience for now).

Cheers,
Dave

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe and ggnykk
I had the same delivery schedule in Saint John, NB yesterday. Got the VIN Feb 22nd. Web site told me Apr 6th for delivery, the carrier called Apr 2nd afternoon and told me it would be delivered on the 3rd.

It was dropped off at noon at the local truck stop, as he can't get his truck into my subdivision. There was one other vehicle (Ford) on the carrier. He backed it off, said here you go, just sign this. He never asked for ID or any papers. I haven't found any defects in the build quality. The App was activated within 3 hours. Such a dream to drive it!

IMG_20190403_120156.jpg IMG_20190403_120606.jpg