Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of MY LR and/or P regrets ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone recently got the LR for the Y specially and wished they got the Performance or vice versa ?

And preferably Canada due to our 9 month winters lol

thx
no regrets in getting my MYP as that probably means I pick it up 1 year ahead of a LR order. I can fully take advantage of the bump in used car prices to even out the increase in price of the MYP over the LR.

On the fence. Didn't need the extra power on the LR, but did add the performance upgrade (software) to compensate. The biggest issue is ride quality - I swear that the Performance had a better ride. Still prefer the LR overall. Of course, other regrets will always happen down the road as Tesla has added things since our purchase - heated steering wheel, revised centre console, and HEPA filter. You might even end up with Matrix headlights (unclear whether they'll be on the LR for the long term).

Unclear about winter problems - there was some issues supposedly due to software (fixed) that caused issues with the heat pump. This year is probably the year to see whether there's any impact from it.

On the fence. Didn't need the extra power on the LR, but did add the performance upgrade (software) to compensate. The biggest issue is ride quality - I swear that the Performance had a better ride. Still prefer the LR overall. Of course, other regrets will always happen down the road as Tesla has added things since our purchase - heated steering wheel, revised centre console, and HEPA filter. You might even end up with Matrix headlights (unclear whether they'll be on the LR for the long term).

Unclear about winter problems - there was some issues supposedly due to software (fixed) that caused issues with the heat pump. This year is probably the year to see whether there's any impact from it.
Pretty sure it’s been solved.

A valve in the system wasn’t closing fully, and the software patch was designed to alter the firmware of that valve so that it would close properly. In some cases damage resulted to the rest of the system (hence why the software didn’t appear to solve all affected vehicles), which appeared to make it seem as if there was a different problem present.

Pretty sure it’s been solved.

A valve in the system wasn’t closing fully, and the software patch was designed to alter the firmware of that valve so that it would close properly. In some cases damage resulted to the rest of the system (hence why the software didn’t appear to solve all affected vehicles), which appeared to make it seem as if there was a different problem present.
The issue, at least to me, is whether the internal damage is done despite the software patch. This is one of those things that unless it breaks or Tesla is willing to spend an inordinate amount of time and money looking into, we simply won't know until it's too late.

The issue, at least to me, is whether the internal damage is done despite the software patch. This is one of those things that unless it breaks or Tesla is willing to spend an inordinate amount of time and money looking into, we simply won't know until it's too late.
I believe Tesla’s service routines were updated to shotgun replace the heat pump system after this issue was identified and the damages assessed. I do not have a heat pump equipped Tesla so I cannot verify if this is the case myself.

Zero regrets in changing my order from LR to P. Love the performance of the P, the rush never gets old. Dislike the 21" Uberturbines, but they will get swapped out for Replika R241 for winter, so we will see just how much better the ride can be with 19" rims