Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was showing 12-16 weeks for any Model 3 build prior to yesterday's Model 3 order update for an East coast USA purchaser like me. Now, I see performance trim is 2-4 months while other options will receive 3-5 months. I ordered the performance trim, so I received an estimated Aug - Oct delivery time frame.

I configured AWD 31MAY18 and it said 12-16 weeks... now that’s gone altogether, and it just says they will contact me to schedule delivery... see attached picture

Attachments

• 400EB556-04D5-4586-8313-FE7EFA464985.jpeg
    400EB556-04D5-4586-8313-FE7EFA464985.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
I configured AWD 31MAY18 and it said 12-16 weeks... now that’s gone altogether, and it just says they will contact me to schedule delivery... see attached picture

I am in a similar situation. I configured a non-P AWD with 18's on 5/23. I no longer have a delivery estimate on any page within my account. And I see the same message as you.

(day 1 line-waiter, 10:25am, East Coast)

As with pretty much everyone else, I’m also confused about what’s going on.

But there is at least one clue that your reservation time may still factor into delivery timelines: Tesla website behavior after you've ordered your Model 3

That's all well and good, but what about people who configured last month, the edit design link disappeared, then it came back?

I'd like to know (maybe from someone who already took delivery) what that means.

From everything I've read, I should be getting a call from an ISA any time now.................

Reservation date matters... if you reserved one today, configured it, you’d be at the back of the line... for that configuration. Performance first, AWD, LR RWD.... that’s the priority because they are trying to make money.

Do you mean order date? Reservation date matter for when you get an invite. I don't think if you receive an invite and sit on it, that once you do decide to order, you will be moved up in front of other people who had previously ordered with later invite dates.

My guess is once you order, you will be at the back of your specific line (LR/AWD/P and 18"/19"/(20") and color).

Do you mean order date? Reservation date matter for when you get an invite. I don't think if you receive an invite and sit on it, that once you do decide to order, you will be moved up in front of other people who had previously ordered with later invite dates.

My guess is once you order, you will be at the back of your specific line (LR/AWD/P and 18"/19"/(20") and color).

It’s right there, reservation date does matter so does, line waiter vs. online.

Attachments

• 487F2B5C-1786-441B-B129-EE7F388ADE1B.jpeg
    487F2B5C-1786-441B-B129-EE7F388ADE1B.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Informative
Reactions: jsmay311

It did matter until 4PM PST yesterday. Then the configurator opened for, as far as we've been able to tell, everyone with a currently standing reservation.

The crux of the question is whether Tesla has moved that priority by reservation date further down the line to when they schedule your build at the factory, mixing it in with what configuration you chose to synthesis the order.

That would help explain these huge delivery estimate windows that everyone is getting.

Reactions: jsmay311
That's all well and good, but what about people who configured last month, the edit design link disappeared, then it came back?

I'd like to know (maybe from someone who already took delivery) what that means.

From everything I've read, I should be getting a call from an ISA any time now.................

Thats my situation, I configured June 2 for RWD then updated to AWD now 3-5 months. I called Tesla and they said yea its 3-5 months now... I ask is my place for my initial reservation consider they said don't know. I said can I revert back to my JUNE 2 configuration 3-6 week time line they said NO.

I'm pretty disappointed. I always operate in good faith and this M3 transaction has to many shadow game.

TBH... at lease when you are a BMW dealership they give you coffee when they are screwing you....

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
It did matter until 4PM PST yesterday. Then the configurator opened for, as far as we've been able to tell, for everyone with a currently standing reservation.

The crux of the question is whether Tesla has moved that priority by reservation date further down the line to when they schedule your build at the factory, mixing it in with what configuration you chose to synthesis the order.

That would help explain these huge delivery estimate windows that everyone is getting.

Which, while not the end of my world (and I won't kick and scream and cry like some others), would at least be mildly annoying, since I was THISCLOSE when my Edit Design link disappeared.

But, then, I come back to being an adult, and I realize:

Tesla is in their end of quarter blackout period. During this time, publicly traded companies can't make statements or put out numbers that can materially affect the stock price.

It's why, previously, if there were delays, we were always told either after the quarter ended, or after the results call a month later.

And now, it's why Elon could only vaguely say that the Goldman Sachs analyst was "in for a rude awakening".

We'll all know more as of Sunday, maybe Monday. Keep calm and order accessories.