Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm doing the loan paperwork tomorrow, for pickup Monday. (due to holidays).

Is there any way to 'transfer' the garage door opener stuff from my 2019X to my 2023X?

I'm guessing no, but honestly there should be... I know adding another car to my existing means at least one of them will push an opener I need off the list. ugh.

I'm doing the loan paperwork tomorrow, for pickup Monday. (due to holidays).

Is there any way to 'transfer' the garage door opener stuff from my 2019X to my 2023X?

I'm guessing no, but honestly there should be... I know adding another car to my existing means at least one of them will push an opener I need off the list. ugh.
It's included hardware on all the new 2023 (both S/X) no transfer needed. ;)

Or do you just mean the Homelink settings? Those don't transfer, just set mine up the other day on the new X.

What wheels did you end up going with?
OEM 20's for now, but think I'm going aftermarket 20's soon.

22's definitely look better, but ride will suffer a bit as will range since they are typically heavier. I think going 20' with a thinner more open spoke design will make them look bigger without the ride compromise plus the ability to reuse my OEM tires and TPMS is a big plus.

Reactions: Operator
OEM 20's for now, but think I'm going aftermarket 20's soon.

22's definitely look better, but ride will suffer a bit as will range since they are typically heavier. I think going 20' with a thinner more open spoke design will make them look bigger without the ride compromise plus the ability to reuse my OEM tires and TPMS is a big plus.
Yeh, I just bought wheel/tire storage bags. I'll put the OEM's in there once I swap them out. I already have aftermarket wheels/tires and TPMS. Probably swap them out beginning of December. Though with our current snow fall, I for sure wish I had them on leaving the dealer.

What number is everyone calling to talk to someone at FedChoice? I'm trying 3016996100 and no luck talking to any human.
I've had some success calling 301-699-6151. Hoping I can still take delivery today. They were supposed to wire Tesla my funds for my delivery today at 6pm. Just got off the plane to head to the delivery center and there's an email from Tesla that they haven't received funds yet. Of course FedChoice promised to send a confirmation but I never received anything, and they're now closed.

Last edited:
I've had some success calling 301-699-6151. Hoping they haven't screwed me over. They were supposed to wire Tesla my funds for my delivery today at 6pm. Just got off the plane to head to the delivery center and there's an email from Tesla that they haven't received funds yet. Of course FedChoice promised to send a confirmation but I never received anything, and they're now closed.
I experience something similar. In my case, Fedchoice wired the funds the same day I docusigned the wire form and Closed End Credit Agreement. Tesla was confused whether it actually received the wire. It took me quite a bit of back and forth to clear it up. And Fedchoice never sent any confirmation. I hope it works out for you.

I experience something similar. In my case, Fedchoice wired the funds the same day I docusigned the wire form and Closed End Credit Agreement. Tesla was confused whether it actually received the wire. It took me quite a bit of back and forth to clear it up. And Fedchoice never sent any confirmation. I hope it works out for you.
How did you get it resolved? The FedChoice call center is closed for the day, unfortunately, so there is no way to get a hold of a live person to clear up. I wish they'd have just sent the wire confirmation that I requested 3 times and they promised they'd send. Sigh!

I've had some success calling 301-699-6151. Hoping I can still take delivery today. They were supposed to wire Tesla my funds for my delivery today at 6pm. Just got off the plane to head to the delivery center and there's an email from Tesla that they haven't received funds yet. Of course FedChoice promised to send a confirmation but I never received anything, and they're now closed.
I didn't want to chance the same day transfer so set mine up for the day BEFORE delivery. What's one extra day of loan interest anyways.....

Well worth the peace of mind considering their typical late day transfers.

I didn't want to chance the same day transfer so set mine up for the day BEFORE delivery. What's one extra day of loan interest anyways.....

Well worth the peace of mind considering their typical late day transfers.
I got this all completed Friday, and if I remember correctly, wire was supposed to go out Friday afternoon but didn't go out until today, at least according to FedChoice.

Please report back how the tires work in the snow. I think they are S+M. I expect to be in snow shortly after my delivery and don't think I'll have time to switch to snow tires so curious how the all season S+M work.
@WiseShepard @Operator

I have lived in Vail, CO for over 29 years. I took delivery of my first MX in December 2016. At that time my wife & I alternated going back & forth between homes in Austin, TX and Vail, every 3-4 months. We stayed in Vail for the entire Ski Season, and did this for 10 years.

My point in mentioning this is to say, I NEVER put snow tires on my MX 75D, and only used the All Season tires that it came equipped with. In all those years navigating in blizzard snowstorms, up & down the Vail Pass, so far, I NEVER got stuck or had any issues.

Get snow tires if you feel more comfortable, but in my experience (so far), it's not necessary.