Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the optimism for HOPING there is a front camera, but I feel at this point the evidence is not supporting this:
  • The position (recessed and off center with the logo obstructing the view to the passenger side) is odd
  • The S's updated Stealth Gray renders show nothing there or at the base of the bumper
  • The S doesn't have enough frunk lip clearance to stick in a recessed camera that can see downwards. In which case why wouldn't the S and X both use the Highland's bottom bumper position?
  • Emails were sent out informing about the color change but made no mention of any other differences
  • We just went through this with the Highland where renderings had a camera and then were removed
  • This wouldn't be the first time NATA and Tesla Oracle published articles about rumored upcoming changes that didn't come to fruition. Maybe these are accurate tips from insiders but they just never made it out to production.

I get the optimism for HOPING there is a front camera, but I feel at this point the evidence is not supporting this:
  • The position (recessed and off center with the logo obstructing the view to the passenger side) is odd
  • The S's updated Stealth Gray renders show nothing there or at the base of the bumper
  • The S doesn't have enough frunk lip clearance to stick in a recessed camera that can see downwards. In which case why wouldn't the S and X both use the Highland's bottom bumper position?
  • Emails were sent out informing about the color change but made no mention of any other differences
  • We just went through this with the Highland where renderings had a camera and then were removed
  • This wouldn't be the first time NATA and Tesla Oracle published articles about rumored upcoming changes that didn't come to fruition. Maybe these are accurate tips from insiders but they just never made it out to production.
😭
My dreams are shattered forever!

All true points but I dont care (they have never emailed about additional features but getting a different color than what you ordered is kind of a big deal)
1698447967307.png

Still hoping for a front bumper camera and a holiday update that makes the auto doors functional

They ALL show it now, all colors, plaid or poverty edition. That can’t be an accident.

Would be rad if the rumor about front camera and RGB ambient lighting is true.
RGB is less of a rumor, as it showed up in firmware according to @greentheonly on X —which has a pretty reliable track record. Only a matter of when it’s going to be added to the assembly line.

As for front camera, all we know is that there’s a connection/socket available. And given a Highland is gaining S/X features (ventilated seats, more sound reduction), there’s the expectation that they need to further differentiate S/X (outside of air suspension and instrument panel).

Ordered 10/12
Tax Credit qualifying MX Ultra Red
Original EDD November - December
Updated 10/24 to 12/26 to 2/20/24

Very disappointed they moved the date so far out in to 2024 when original EDD was November - December. Seems a bit misleading.

Ordered 10/12
Tax Credit qualifying MX Ultra Red
Original EDD November - December
Updated 10/24 to 12/26 to 2/20/24

Very disappointed they moved the date so far out in to 2024 when original EDD was November - December. Seems a bit misleading.
Just saying. Now, on 10/27 Tesla is STILL quoting November/December 23 delivery. This is clearly misleading! See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 27