Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

delay pulling out home plug charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when i charge at home, there is about a 5 second delay to removing the charger out of the car charger port... the light turns green to gray or blue (i forget) immediately after pushing the button, but i have wait a few seconds for it to finally release. is this normal?

when i go to the superchargers, the charger can be removed instantly.

when i charge at home, there is about a 5 second delay to removing the charger out of the car charger port... the light turns green to gray or blue (i forget) immediately after pushing the button, but i have wait a few seconds for it to finally release. is this normal?

I think so. Mine has even tried to start charging again at times. I've learned to press only ONCE on the UMC, and it usually will go to WHITE allowing me to remove. I've only done SC a few times and not payed much attention to it. Seems I press and it's ready to remove in one slight pull... :cool:

My Tesla Wall Charger @home acts the same, need to wait until color cycle happens then remove once gray color stays