Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defective windshield, TSBs & updates are NOT covered out of warranty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I had my windshield replaced a few months ago and it is still incompatible with FasTrak.

Separately, what the HECK happened to hardware upgrades? These were NEVER supposed to be warranty items in the first place. They are included under service. If you pay for service, you should be getting hardware upgrades. I'm disappointed in Tesla for taking this stance and including them only under warranty, for which they were never supposed to be covered.

BRAND NEW P85+ With AutoPilot and EZ Pass doesn't work.

Guys, Tesla is still bound to written statements posted on their website. Whatever the contract says or does not say doesn't matter. Ask a lawyer, a court would absolutely weigh their statements outside of the contract.

The website has always been so vague about hardware updates, though. Tesla could easily argue that they did do some hardware upgrades for you, and they've never promised to do unlimited upgrades. But IANAL.

Guys, Tesla is still bound to written statements posted on their website. Whatever the contract says or does not say doesn't matter. Ask a lawyer, a court would absolutely weigh their statements outside of the contract.

I'm a lawyer and this is wrong. Getting extrinsic evidence admitted when you have agreed to a contract is very difficult. This is because of the "Parol Evidence Rule":

Parol evidence rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After a few weeks of trial and error I've got my EZPASS just below the mirror mount where it works fine in MA and NH but when I take NY bridges I have to open the sunroof and hold it up as I approach the gate (doesn't work once I'm stopped at the gate - I guess the sensor is further back).

I've never heard of early windshields being replaced under warranty or otherwise for this reason, but there were a lot of windshields replaced after cracking from the lower right edge due to a production line issue in 2012/possibly early 2013. This was fixed by the time my car was manufactured in February 2013.

While it may be possible to get the windshield replaced for poor transponder reception under warranty, I'd be wary of having seal or other issues as a result. Of course I would feel differently if I were passing NYC tolls regularly and didn't have a license plate transponder option.

I drive too much. given the rate I drive I'd be out of the 100k warranty soon anyway. that "insurance" is simply not worth it.

Well this is timely information. I'm picking my car up tomorrow in Fremont and drive approx 35k/year. Does anyone know what the cost is for updates outside of the warranty period? Need to decide whether to go with the extended warranty as I'll be out of warranty in a 18 months and out of the extended warranty period in under three years.