Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally from what I have heard it is pretty hefty, but I can also provide you my real numbers since I was just checking. These may or may not apply to you, and you may choose different levels of coverage.

We have a somewhat recent year Tiguan and a 2012 VW Golf. The Golf pushes up our premium because it was totaled and my FIL bought it at auction and fixed it up, so it has a salvaged AND "not actual miles" title. Both cars are listed as "pleasure" for now since we both switched to 95% remote work. This is about $1020 for the year.

If I wanted to add the Y, it would be $1,800 for the year. If I wanted to replace the Golf (not sure what I will do yet because of very limited market value with a salvage title, despite being in perfect mechanical order) my annual premium would be $1,344

I have heard on here Progressive provides the best rates for Teslas so I plan to get a quote there and can send an update when I do.
So in your case, it’s essentially $780 per year for the Model Y, in a bundled multi-policy. That’s $65 per month. Dirt cheap!

I don’t know your coverages and demographics, but I’ll go ahead and assume you have 100/300/100, collision, comp, and uninsured. Also assuming you’re married and older than 30.

From what I've read, that's an amazing deal. Tesla's are notoriously expensive to insure. I believe that is why Elon started to offer his own insurance, however it is only offered in Cali right now as I understand it.
I think Tesla used to be notoriously expensive to insure. @ajs847 , @te$laWhy , and myself all ran quotes recently and they’re pretty much in line with any fossil car in that price range.

I will say though, one must shop around and compare. I’ve used by existing insurer for over 10 years bow and they’re rates are great. When I ran quite some companies would charge triple my current rates.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Sure thanks...For NY it is definitely needed and should come as a default
Agreed, the regional thing doesn’t make a lot of sense. It assumes your won’t drive your car across state lines.

The last two new car purchases I’ve made (Subaru and Toyota) both came with rear wheel PPF. Tesla should just slap them on every car they make. But I guess the mud flaps is a more of a “nice-to-have”. I’m not aware of any other automaker that include mud flaps as stock. Even if they are goofy front-only flaps 🤪

Reactions: Rovin
I've been steady at 11 October to 31 October for about a week now.

The acceleration will make such a big difference here; we have so many clowns that sit in the left lane. I really, really, really hate passing on the right but at least with the Model Y I'll be able to zip over and around quickly.

Apparently Maryland is one of the few states with no left lane law. I know lots of people don't follow them anyhow, but it really does seem worse here. The drivers here would be absolutely crucified in Europe.
I’ve been holding at 11-31 Oct also.

Reactions: dwh13
Wow this is an active thread! So I guess I'll be following this for a while :) Just ordered a blue model Y long range, delivery estimate is January (nothing more specific than that). How long did it take for you guys to get an actual range of delivery dates?
I got my first date range the day after my profile was completed.

Reactions: TESRP
@weebs11 looks like TatisJr EDD went outside the quarter. I seen someone else’s do the same but I forgot who posted it.
We ordered May 14th and our EDD has been showing November 15th - December 5th for 1-2 weeks now... Our SA recently told us he estimates around September 3rd, but I'd be lying if I said this EDD isn't concerning me a bit... We made no changes and completed our info right away too...