Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another question for those who needed VINs to get insurance, how long after your VIN or how close to delivery were you before you uploaded insurance. I'm trying to overlap as little as possible before delivery, but curious. As my option to upload came on 8/31, my pickup is "scheduled" for 9/15, though I'm kinda wondering if it will show up sooner.

Reading your first line, I immediately thought of my answer: Spending the weekend in an amazing vacation home at a beautiful little beach town that I still can't believe I was so fortunate in this life to be able to buy.

Then I kept reading and it brought me back a few weeks. This town has 2 main streets and you're supposed to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks. Cars usually do but sometimes I end up getting really pissy at them for not. Anyway, a few weeks ago a group of bicyclists in the generous bike lane failed to yield to me walking, so I yelled "I'm going!" and literally walked through their group of 4, making them swerve to avoid me. I almost made contact with each of them. Little sh*ts...

Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes it's malice. Sometimes it's that people are so self-involved it doesn't remotely occur to them that other living, breathing humans deserve to simply exist in the same space.
Enjoy the beach town weekend and for the easy living! Sounds amazing.

Yeah, there’s certainly a lot of “entitled cyclist syndrome” going around and all its associated symptoms. Not fun. When the spandex goes on the courtesy for others goes out. My experience yesterday was less spandex and Oakley / Lance Armstrong crowd, more just general punks and wannabe gangstas who really wanted to pick on me. I’m Asian, my wife and another buddy of mine (both who aren’t Asian) are convinced they picked me because of race, since it’s trendy to harass/attack Asian people lately. I’m open to that idea, but not sure because I couldn’t hear everything. I don’t know, maybe I’ve lived too privileged a life to see that kind of stuff happening to me.

Any suggestions on floor mats for the front and back seats? I’ve ordered the textile trunk mat from Tesla because it looks perfect for dogs when they jump in and out of the back. But I’ve seen where people have ordered the 3D MAXspider mats for the front and back seats and when they get them, they find it’s not a great fit. Really leery about ordering from Amazon.
There’s always the dependable Weathertech liners. The OG fitted floor mats!

Another question for those who needed VINs to get insurance, how long after your VIN or how close to delivery were you before you uploaded insurance. I'm trying to overlap as little as possible before delivery, but curious. As my option to upload came on 8/31, my pickup is "scheduled" for 9/15, though I'm kinda wondering if it will show up sooner.
I updated my policy with the change to start on the delivery date and I got a temporary insurance card which I uploaded. So far it has not been a problem.

Sorry you had to experience that and hopefully it didn't ruin what seems otherwise like a nice day.

A few hours before your walk I was walking by the Princeton library and watched / overheard as a woman walked up behind another woman who was waiting outside one of the doors and yelled "get out of my way, I'm trying to get into the library!" Before that I watched while waiting to make a right turn where I had the green light at an intersection because there was a mother and her young child in the crosswalk, as not one but two cars took off from across from me making a left turn in front of me (thinking they were pulling one over on me assuming I wasn't paying attention or something), swerving around the mother and child in the crosswalk (1 went in front of their path, one behind).

Purpose of bringing this up being, sometimes people are just self-centered and nasty. If I'm being honest? Sometimes so am I. Sometimes it's helpful to picture ourselves at our worst and what bad experiences led to our behavior when we think about why others would be so stupid or mean. I really love one of the messages that comes across in the movie My Idiot Brother: most people are good most of the time.

There's no excuse for what happened to you and the recklessness, but I guess you kind find some solace in that you're probably a lot happier than them. Because stuff like that generally doesn't stem from being content.
That is a wonderful perspective! Well said.

I updated my policy with the change to start on the delivery date and I got a temporary insurance card which I uploaded. So far it has not been a problem.
So sounds like you stuck with the same insurance, where I am switching completely. And progressive won't insure if you don't have a car (though technically I have the VIN), but my current will (Geico).

Reactions: PatrickTM
Starting the day VINless, the same as it’s been for the previous 96 days since my May 31 order. I see VINs being assigned this morning to East Coast people with later orders than mine so maybe today will be an interesting day for me too.

so…all you daily vin-seeker refreshers, how many browsers do you use simultaneously on your phone and which one is your favorite?

Any suggestions on floor mats for the front and back seats? I’ve ordered the textile trunk mat from Tesla because it looks perfect for dogs when they jump in and out of the back. But I’ve seen where people have ordered the 3D MAXspider mats for the front and back seats and when they get them, they find it’s not a great fit. Really leery about ordering from Amazon.
I see this question a lot. There are threads dedicated to it elsewhere. Makes me wonder: is there something wrong with the Tesla All Weather Mats? My friend has them in his MYP and they look like a good fit to me. He says they're great keeping sand and salt contained for easy clean up.

Actually one thing I did do was complete all the profile, trade in, etc. on the same day as the order.
You must have gotten in before the rush. I hesitated and ordered on 7/23. My EDD has bounced around from November to January. I spoke to a SA who said she hopes I get my MYLR before the end of the year. Current EDD is 11/15-12/05.

I wound up ordering the Maxpider mats, read too many good reviews of them and from other areas of the forums here from folks who really liked them. But only got the front and rear seat. Getting something different for the trunk.

So here is my question of the day and I apologize ahead of time if it has been asked and answered before. If a customer (Customer 1) is assigned a VIN and then for whatever reason cancels their order, places it on hold, or refuses delivery. Does that VIN then get assigned to the next customer with the same build (Customer 2) or does the VIN go out as an inventory car? Does the location of Customer 1 and 2 affect that decision? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: MarjLa388