Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control - stalk functions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently noticed that depressing stalk momentary action selects actual speed ( as preferred in menu) and holding selects the map/speed limit. Early days but this is useful when limit changes and tacc is at say a lower limit and you want to accellerate. Still figuring this one out but reselecting speed has always confused me so I 'wheel' it up on steering button!

It changed recently during an update. Before that it always engaged at the speed limit, irrespective of the actual speed at the time of engagement. Now it initially engages at the same speed as the car is being driven, much like every other car that has cruise control.

Personally, I find the behaviour now a massive improvement. I'd stopped using cruise, because of the nuisance factor of always having to quickly adjust the speed down to stop the car accelerating away on engagement, now it's just as usable as cruise on any other car. My only remaining niggle is that it sometimes slows down for no obvious reason, no idea why, but I suspect it may be related to many of the roads around here being less than dead straight.

Reactions: hcdavis3