Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control eliminated in latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set up two driver profiles. One that accepts FSD, one that does not. Switch to the non-FSD profile when you don't want to use FSD.

You can switch profiles while driving so you can start off with solely AP and switch to FSD (and back) without having to stop your drive and make the changes in the system.

I used to be able to on pull for cruise control and two pull for FSD. Now have to disable FSD to activate cruise control. This change stinks.
People really need to be more specific. "Latest update" means nothing five minutes after that update is installed.

Like Sue says, FSD and Autopilot can no longer be active at the same time. There's a reason for that, but I can't guess what Tesla's intention is.

Setting up two profiles as a workaround may work, but it's pretty cumbersome.

It would seem the programmers want us to use single pole. and they probably consider anyone who doesn't want to use full self driving. to be in the minority.

Perhaps, if enough of us comment, they'll be put. the option for single and double pull back into the mix.

If you don't set a destination, doesn't FSD act similarly to Autopilot? When I activate FSD on a limited access highway, it performs just like Autopilot, except, if traffic slows in my lane, it does a lane change on its own. Otherwise, I see no difference between Autopilot and FSD.

Last edited: