Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Cross-interference" between 2 garaged Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure the issue / difference isn't autolock on walk away? Port should not release unless car is unlocked.

Positive, I had concerns about people unplugging my car randomly or the AP2S having a broken locking mechanism. So I did a bunch of test to make sure it would lock. It's perplexing but sure enough when that AP1 parked next to it; it would unlock itself. I also checked to make sure I wasn't carrying the 2nd key as well.

Positive, I had concerns about people unplugging my car randomly or the AP2S having a broken locking mechanism. So I did a bunch of test to make sure it would lock. It's perplexing but sure enough when that AP1 parked next to it; it would unlock itself. I also checked to make sure I wasn't carrying the 2nd key as well.

Huh, that is really interesting!

Should absolutely NOT be a problem at a Supercharger.
...except for when it is.
Any Tesla parked at a Supercharger should be there to charge, which requires an open port AND should move/leave when done charging.
With people pulling in and out and inserting and removing cables, there is a lot of button pushing going on, and I've had that happen, where I'm all done, and I've put my cord away and gotten back in my car and I'm about to put the car in Drive to leave, and someone pops my charge port open. I have to get out and go back there to close it and then get back in my car. One of those slightly humorous annoyance things.

Reactions: davewill