Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CRAZY speculation: Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they don't use the term "Plaid". Even the uninitiated and non-SpaceBalls fans get the terms "Insane" and "Ludicrous".

Plaid is too tightly bound to the movie and would have to be explained, etc.

By all means, Tesla should keep on upping the performance level but let's just keep it Ludicrous.

Which brings up another issue for me. There should be just one Performance option and that should include Ludicrous. Yes, the 0-60 is amazing but punching the go pedal at say 50 MPH with a Ludicrous P90D isn't really all that insane. It's really great but that level of performance when you punch it at 40-60 is what one would expect with a true performance car.

Here's hoping that the Ludicrous surcharge just goes away. And if need be, perhaps the cost of the Performance option is bumped up a bit, but certainly not a $10K premium.

You will be in the spring of your mid life crisis.

Same Here....I turn 50 next spring. That's Ludicrous isn't it?

I've coined Halftime Celebration to refer to that period in life.

Some people might get to celebrate it like a regular season game, just showing the blooper reel between quarters.

I'm giving my halftime celebration the Super Bowl treatment, with musical guests and everything. LOL

I hope they don't use the term "Plaid". Even the uninitiated and non-SpaceBalls fans get the terms "Insane" and "Ludicrous".

By all means, Tesla should keep on upping the performance level but let's just keep it Ludicrous.

Which brings up another issue for me. There should be just one Performance option and that should include Ludicrous. Yes, the 0-60 is amazing but punching the go pedal at say 50 MPH with a Ludicrous P90D isn't really all that insane. It's really great but that level of performance when you punch it at 40-60 is what one would expect with a true performance car.

Here's hoping that the Ludicrous surcharge just goes away. And if need be, perhaps the cost of the Performance option is bumped up a bit, but certainly not a $10K premium.

But in answer to the new Star Wars sequels, there is a new Spaceballs movie coming out. People might get the reference now

I find ludicrous surcharge is ridiculously price. If the option still remain at $10k then I would have to pass. I rather invest that $10k for retirement then few seconds of joy when stepping on the gas pedal.

Imagine if the materials were there to allow the greater current from day 1, I mean if I was designing a car from the ground up using what I learned from previous cars... I'd want to overcome previous limitations. It could still be limited via software.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Imagine if the materials were there to allow the greater current from day 1, I mean if I was designing a car from the ground up using what I learned from previous cars... I'd want to overcome previous limitations. It could still be limited via software.

If you get the Performance level, but not Ludicrous, isn't the only limitation at that
Don't believe that anybody "needs" a 3.xx second 0-60 for their daily driver. Ever.

Again, have you tried to get on a 2-lane rotary in New England that carries a major state highway, 2 minor ones, and 2 side streets??

You might not NEED it.....

but it wouldn't hurt, either.

Honestly, my Audi does 0-60 in the low 4's.....with a bunch of noise of course, and that's pretty damn fast for me. Fastest I've ever owned anyway.

If the Model 3 can do it in the 3.8-4.0 range in Ludicrous, even better.

**note, I do not NEED that much speed...except at a few of our local onramps or rotaries...I just WANT it. Why? because this car will be part of my midlife cri....I mean Halftime Celebration, as I turn 40 next spring.

40 is young these days, many people are having kids in their 40s these days. Ultimately you won't know what midlife was for you until you die, then it's too late.

That said, the ~4s 0-60 in the Model S 90D is plenty for me. I get a bit queasy when I hit the go pedal that hard. And it's easy to get going very fast. I inadvertently hit 101 mph a couple of weeks ago passing someone on the highway. It felt like 75, maybe 80.

You means the same company that sets the maximum volume level of its stereo to 11? I don't think Elon cares whether other people get the reference or not.

40 is young these days, many people are having kids in their 40s these days. Ultimately you won't know what midlife was for you until you die, then it's too late.

That said, the ~4s 0-60 in the Model S 90D is plenty for me. I get a bit queasy when I hit the go pedal that hard. And it's easy to get going very fast. I inadvertently hit 101 mph a couple of weeks ago passing someone on the highway. It felt like 75, maybe 80.

I test drove a P90D-L.......
loved it.....

I don't think tesla would want to cannibalize modelS sales with a faster and much more economic model 3. This is why even though the Boxster is a better balanced car than the 911 Porsche it is deliberately left with less hp to avoid competing with its big brother. They might make a ludicrous option but you can bet it will be slower than a P90DL. Just my two cents