Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CRAZY speculation: Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why use plaid??? Sounds like a tired 70's suit (old and slow). Grab something from Star Trek, "Warp-Speed", or Star Wars "Light-Speed", make it sound LIVE, not a tired "plaid suit" speed. Come on Elon, i can come up with you something better, give me a job !!!
Light speed was the first level in the movie, followed by ridiculous speed and finally ludicrous speed. The thing is, in the movie plaid was ludicrous speed. Light speed made the stars streak by ala Star Wars. Ludicrous made everything plaid.

Sorry, I used to be obsessed with Spaceballs. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid :D

Reactions: graphic
Light speed was the first level in the movie, followed by ridiculous speed and finally ludicrous speed. The thing is, in the movie plaid was ludicrous speed. Light speed made the stars streak by ala Star Wars. Ludicrous made everything plaid.

Sorry, I used to be obsessed with Spaceballs. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid :D

I never saw the movie, but according to this graphic from it, there were 4 speeds, Plaid being the highest:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HnKPmwQhmAw/ToIkCRQ8QGI/AAAAAAAAA9A/dUp8mE9eI_k/s1600/spaceballs.jpg

Elon did say the steering controls and systems will feel like a spaceship.
That's not from the movie. Plaid was Ludicrous Speed. Watch the clip below, and better yet, watch the movie :D
See from the movie my interpretation was they were going faster than ludicrous speed when they went to plaid... resulting in flying past Lone Starr, but I saw it when I was super young.

If 'ludicrous' is plaid then 'maximum plaid' is even quicker so I guess it doesn't matter.