Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID-19 Social Distancing Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) His Wh/mi being not ideal and barely making the trip was due to a hi-density feline. The cat clearly weighs more than the picture deceitfully exhibits.
2) I’m more afraid of going to Trader Joe’s than some dude driving to his girlfriend’s to hang and just stay there. Same thing as if she lived right next door really.

edit: 3) if he then goes to Trader Joe’s..... well then.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul-K
1) His Wh/mi being not ideal and barely making the trip was due to a hi-density feline. The cat clearly weighs more than the picture deceitfully exhibits.
2) I’m more afraid of going to Trader Joe’s than some dude driving to his girlfriend’s to hang and just stay there. Same thing as if she lived right next door really.
Maybe it was a Flerken...

Authorities say a lot of things. Some true, most false.

We need to distinguish between "authorities" and experts. Sadly, our political system gives us high office holders who know zip about virology or infectious diseases or how best to respond to them. The president and some governors are talking extremely dangerous nonsense and making the situation far worse to the degree that their political supporters disregard the experts in favor of their political ideology.

The experts are the people who actually know what they are talking about, and we should be following their recommendations.

We’re doomed. People getting stir crazy after only a week or two of shelter at home - give me an f’n break. Think about someone other than yourself (talking about everyone).

They’ve had to barricade trails, parks and beach parking lots because mass numbers of people are treating this like a personal vacation.
The only thing certain is uncertainty. I will say though I’ve noticed a lot more people out and about on foot than in vehicles (and not just on the sabbath) :p

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
The only thing certain is uncertainty. I will say though I’ve noticed a lot more people out and about on foot than in vehicles (and not just on the sabbath) :p
Oh, it's insane out there. There's a trail by my house. I go walking at 5am, and enjoy the solitude (except for the old man with a cute dog who always says hi, but stays 8+ feet away). Tried going for a walk during the day and the number of people was scary.

I have a Tesla service appointment scheduled this morning in Boston. I basically have an hour to decide if I'm going to make the drive over the border into Massachusetts.
I do have some important things to work on, but it isn't an emergency. Trying to figure out the best thing to do....

I have a Tesla service appointment scheduled this morning in Boston. I basically have an hour to decide if I'm going to make the drive over the border into Massachusetts.
I do have some important things to work on, but it isn't an emergency. Trying to figure out the best thing to do....
They have a loaner car for you? They have availability and are open? Go. Because once this is over and done with there will likely be a backlog.

I decided to reschedule. I picked a date in Mid-May so I'm already in line even if there is a backup.
I'm in a relatively safe county in NH and have been doing everything right with social distancing. I can't justify driving down into a hotspot. With a loaner I might have to do it twice. I couldn't do it.

My driver door sensors are acting funny, but I've learned to live with it. Other than when I go through a carwash or it rains it works fine:mad:

I decided to reschedule. I picked a date in Mid-May so I'm already in line even if there is a backup.
I'm in a relatively safe county in NH and have been doing everything right with social distancing. I can't justify driving down into a hotspot. With a loaner I might have to do it twice. I couldn't do it.

My driver door sensors are acting funny, but I've learned to live with it. Other than when I go through a carwash or it rains it works fine:mad:
No mobile service?

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
And unless you're going to move in together, you shouldn't be together until this pandemic passes.

You are the reason COVID19 is spreading. Not only are you flaunting social distancing - you are making posts about how safe you are because you didn't stop to charge. So, you're encouraging others to not social distance.
Nah. Instead of listening to the Mayor of London, listen to a very smart Medical guy at Cornell who does nothing all day but treat people with this disease at the epicenter of the US component of the pandemic. THEN get on your high horse if you still think you have something to say.vimeo.com/399733860.
FWIW, I am doc who got it because I wasn't sufficiently suspicious about asymptomatic people and not, most probably, sufficiently aware of my hand to face problem!

I have driven 0 miles in 10 days and 24 miles in 20 days. The one trip was to pick up medication at two pharmacies that keep me going. As someone that normally drives almost 2,000 miles a month this is very weird. I can see the urge to get out but avoiding traffic and others is very important. Accidents are always unexpected.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There is a pandemic going on. Why are you traveling 260 miles to see someone? Sorry, but the person that I've been seeing is 30 miles away and we've agreed to not see each other until this is over. They mayor of London has already proclaimed it - if you want to see your gf/bf/whatever, move in with them. Otherwise, stay away.
So for want of a little nookie, you endangered countless lives.
Let's not even mention, supercharging is about as safe as it gets. Worried? Put a glove on before you touch the handle. Or use some sanitizer gel after you touch it.
I agree

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC