Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Conflicting Info from Tesla for payment method? [and other financing questions]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it were me, I would put down 1/2 the mortgage on the application, but I dont know what the "correct" answer is for this. The financial institution is going to see the mortgage, and I am sure their algorithms take this kind of thing into account. If I had to guess (and stressing its just a guess), it might end up that you need a larger down payment than you might have intended, and / or higher interest rates, but will likely get approved with those stipulations.
Thank you, that is what I plan to do. I’m sure this happens all the time. Appreciate your help!

From what I have encountered many lenders are concerned with your payment obligation and if you explain that you only pay half they usually take that into account. It may not be the same as having half the amount on your report but according to my credit union it is all a weighted system.

For my loan experience, I make 50K (started job 9 months ago) and had no debts with an Experian of 788. Tesla offered to finance 70% of MSRP only. I went to my credit union and they gave me the whole out the door price with taxes and fees almost immediately at lower than their lowest advertised rate and I have been with them for only 1 year prior. I recommend making a list of applications and when you get your VIN send them out in mass.

From what I have encountered many lenders are concerned with your payment obligation and if you explain that you only pay half they usually take that into account. It may not be the same as having half the amount on your report but according to my credit union it is all a weighted system.

For my loan experience, I make 50K (started job 9 months ago) and had no debts with an Experian of 788. Tesla offered to finance 70% of MSRP only. I went to my credit union and they gave me the whole out the door price with taxes and fees almost immediately at lower than their lowest advertised rate and I have been with them for only 1 year prior. I recommend making a list of applications and when you get your VIN send them out in mass.
Thank you! That is good to know. I guess I will see what happens when I apply! I plan to apply at my CU too!