Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation that Tesla has started a CPO program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received word that they currently do NOT lease CPO vehicles.

I've never heard of any bank that will lease used cars. There are replies earlier in this thread stating otherwise, but my intel also confirms this. Leasing of CPO/used cars is virtually unheard of due to risks (residual values are usually way too hard to speculate on used cars, etc)... but that isn't to say Tesla isn't doing it... but I'm guessing not.

I've never heard of any bank that will lease used cars. There are replies earlier in this thread stating otherwise, but my intel also confirms this. Leasing of CPO/used cars is virtually unheard of due to risks (residual values are usually way too hard to speculate on used cars, etc)... but that isn't to say Tesla isn't doing it... but I'm guessing not.

Quite odd then that they would show me the lease option with calculated residuals rates etc.
we ended up purchasing but I wonder what would've happened if we agreed to lease instead.

Quite odd then that they would show me the lease option with calculated residuals rates etc.
we ended up purchasing but I wonder what would've happened if we agreed to lease instead.
My speculation is that they may be trying this out in some states where the local regulation of lease deals (or lease like rent deals) is favorable.
So the control would be to call in alan617's state (you only list "United States" - which state / store?)
I remember that there were issues that extended warranty wasn't available in some states, for example. And of course we have the states where they can't sell directly. So maybe the lease thing is also a state by state thing.

My speculation is that they may be trying this out in some states where the local regulation of lease deals (or lease like rent deals) is favorable.
So the control would be to call in alan617's state (you only list "United States" - which state / store?)
I remember that there were issues that extended warranty wasn't available in some states, for example. And of course we have the states where they can't sell directly. So maybe the lease thing is also a state by state thing.

For what it's worth, I contacted a store in Ohio, and I did mention I was in NY.

i'm in Illinois and it was the oakbrook store