Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive USB Bug List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I choose to believe that some of the upcoming 8.1 iterations will have some of our much needed fixes.

The "8.1" that was just released wasnt anything more than ap2 tweaks and nothing Elon eluded to prior as far as major overhaul. The only reason they used that moniker is so he wouldn't be called a liar and we wouldn't complain about another deadline missed.

People can dance around it but he did lie and he did miss the deadline. Most of the stuff he promised was supposed to be in 8.0 last October then he promised it for last December as "8.1". So here we are in April of the following year with a new view of "favorites" in the media player and a dumb drawing pad. This is beyond his propensity to exaggerate and over promise...this is not telling the truth.

People can dance around it but he did lie and he did miss the deadline. Most of the stuff he promised was supposed to be in 8.0 last October then he promised it for last December as "8.1". So here we are in April of the following year with a new view of "favorites" in the media player and a dumb drawing pad. This is beyond his propensity to exaggerate and over promise...this is not telling the truth.
Can't disagree. I ended up being way wrong about "8.1". Here's hoping for 8.2....

Reactions: neroden and msnow
8.1 really seems more like one of the 8.0 AP 2 updates than what was promised as 8.1.

The media player seems to have all of the same bugs that were introduced as "improvements" in the media player for 8.0.

I had the stuttering listening to a Bluetooth audio book yesterday - so it's not just USB playback.

The USB player still forgets the current song or position when returning to the car.

The "random" USB sequence is still the same - every time.

XM radio lost the station slider - and cars produced after 8.0 was released may not be able to get a station list.

Hopefully we'll see the real 8.1 release soon, with the promised media player fixes...

Ouch on xm radio note....

Can't believe they still haven't fixed shuffling. Now every time I get in my car I have to smash away at the "Next" button for like 2 minutes so I can listen to something new...
Or for the time being you can just play all songs in alphabetical order. At least you're guaranteed not to play the same song again unless you put in the same track in twice in which case you know you need to get rid of a track.

Another old bug that won't go away is the re-scanning of USB drives. I took a trip last weekend and supercharging triggered USB drive re-scan two out of three times. No music for the next 30 miles.

Tesla's s/w efforts are struggling across the board. You'd think Elon would have understood the importance of s/w, but the record reflects that it's another case of a h/w company that can't produce software. Until they can produce the basic operating s/w for the car (i.e., AP2, M3, etc.) we should not expect anything to happen in the "accessory" apps. Elon has zero credibility when it comes to his s/w forecasts.

There is not a single CID app that evidences parity with what we have come to require from software in other contexts, like smartphones. And forget about seeing any innovation. All of the apps are pathetic and I routinely point that out to people who ask about the car. I tell people that the car has to be supplemented with a web site from a college student (EVTripPlanner) and smartphone apps.

Elon is a master at selling the sizzle, but caveat emptor, first cut open the steak!

Another old bug that won't go away is the re-scanning of USB drives. I took a trip last weekend and supercharging triggered USB drive re-scan two out of three times. No music for the next 30 miles.

Tesla's s/w efforts are struggling across the board. You'd think Elon would have understood the importance of s/w, but the record reflects that it's another case of a h/w company that can't produce software. Until they can produce the basic operating s/w for the car (i.e., AP2, M3, etc.) we should not expect anything to happen in the "accessory" apps. Elon has zero credibility when it comes to his s/w forecasts.

There is not a single CID app that evidences parity with what we have come to require from software in other contexts, like smartphones. And forget about seeing any innovation. All of the apps are pathetic and I routinely point that out to people who ask about the car. I tell people that the car has to be supplemented with a web site from a college student (EVTripPlanner) and smartphone apps.

Elon is a master at selling the sizzle, but caveat emptor, first cut open the steak!
I agree, the supercharger rescan bug is frustrating... And to make in worse, neither support nor 2 service centers acknowledge it is an issue.

Can't believe they still haven't fixed shuffling. Now every time I get in my car I have to smash away at the "Next" button for like 2 minutes so I can listen to something new...

My solution (well, hack) for this problem is to go to songs view, pick a random letter of the alphabet, scroll down a few songs, and start there. The randomizer has a much lower chance of getting stuck in a rut.

So I'm on AP HW1, and haven't gotten any update to 8.1 yet....anyone who has gotten 8.1 know if when browsing USB using folders view, if songs are still sorted alphabetically by song title? This bug is the bain of my listening existence....who listens to an album that way?

So I'm on AP HW1, and haven't gotten any update to 8.1 yet....anyone who has gotten 8.1 know if when browsing USB using folders view, if songs are still sorted alphabetically by song title? This bug is the bain of my listening existence....who listens to an album that way?
Check my detailed post upthread #1109. Specifics are covered there. Net is, 8.1 didn't address the bug.

Well, yesterday the MS pulled a new trick. Normally, I have USB "Loading" all during my morning trip to work, and I have music on the trip home. Yesterday, it was "Loading" on the way to work, and "Loading" again on the way home. No music at all yesterday.

Bu the good news is, Elon has tweeted, "Feature coming soon that allows one touch access to all discovered Tesla Easter eggs."

Jesus.

Well, yesterday the MS pulled a new trick. Normally, I have USB "Loading" all during my morning trip to work, and I have music on the trip home. Yesterday, it was "Loading" on the way to work, and "Loading" again on the way home. No music at all yesterday.

Bu the good news is, Elon has tweeted, "Feature coming soon that allows one touch access to all discovered Tesla Easter eggs."

Jesus.
I wonder if we can have an Easter egg that fixes the media player.....