Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance (PUP, EAP, FSD, Multicoat Red) today at Littleton. It went pretty smoothly. The only defect I noticed was a very tiny scratch on the left passenger door, near the door handle. The panel gaps all looked just fine to me. The car was very clean. So much for the delivery horror stories we sometimes hear about.

As expected, it does not have the carbon fiber spoiler or dual motor badge yet. One small snag was insurance-related. Since I financed through Tesla\Chase, I had to actually have VIN-specific coverage on the new car before they would let me leave. I was able to call USAA and get the car added, and get an email with proof of insurance in just a few minutes (USAA rocks!).

I had previously scanned and uploaded the proof of insurance on my old Tesla Model S on the Tesla web site. It would have been better if Tesla had told me in advance about the stricter insurance requirement required by Chase.
Glenn congrats! I pick mine up on Monday...hopefully. Good to hear these good news stories. Did they fix the scratch or did you just take it as is. Did they give you any timeline on the spoiler and badge?

Here is some other information that might be useful. The car comes with the chrome Model 3 rear license plate frame (the same one they sell for $40.00). It also comes with two USB cables, one is a USB-C and one is for an iPhone. This probably is only relevant if you got the Premium interior that has the two USB-A ports in the center console.
I wonder if they would let me exchange the USB-C cable for another iPhone one? Also, did they install the front license plate holder or did they just give it to you (i.e. was it an option for you)? Congrats!

Like many others, I got the mail today. Delivery window is Sept 27 - Oct 4.

My details: Red/Black, AWD, EAP, 18" Aeros. Reserved 12/9/2016, Ordered 6/29/2018.

I've been debating whether to take delivery in Sept or Oct. Wondering if vehicle prep will be rushed and mistakes made as they attempt to make a large number of deliveries in Sept. I've only seen generally positive feedback for Littleton deliveries, so I think I'll probably risk it.

I wonder if they would let me exchange the USB-C cable for another iPhone one? Also, did they install the front license plate holder or did they just give it to you (i.e. was it an option for you)? Congrats!
they will not let you get 2 iphones cables, best to ask around to see if your neighbors at the delivery center have 2 androids and just trade with them. also they leave the front plate holder in the trunk for you to decide if you want it installed - double sided tape.

Hey, add me to the group getting delivery last week of Sep. Requested 20 or 21 Sep. Must be a couple of large trucks headed to Denver. I too asked for and am searching info on the VIN but nothing yet. Super excited.

Here's to smooth deliveries and near flawless vehicles!!! maybe even get to meet others on this site

AWD, MSM, PUP, Sport Wheels, EAP
Reserved Feb 2017, ordered 27 Jun 2018

Yes, the appointment showed up right away. The co-registrant is will be out of the state. She could fly in but if things got rescheduled that could get very expensive. Since we are paying cash and the registration says OR, not AND, we're wondering if both really need to be present r if we could do the paperwork online or overnight it. If not, we might have to remove the other registrant.
Yikes. If i
I have a Monday appointment and the truck with my car on it is in Salt Lake City. They expect it tomorrow or early Saturday and I'm still finalizing my information for the paperwork. They are very confident they will be ready...barring any big issues with the car. You're probably still good.
maybe they’re on the same truck.

Ha! Received my schedule confirmation!

Confirmation here as well!! I’ll be taking delivery the 26th, I would have chosen the first day of the window they offered but unfortunately my schedule makes the 26th the soonest I could make it.

The appointment step is now checked but I still have an edit button and can’t enter my trade in or apply for financing yet.

The confirmation email I just received specifically says they will reach out shortly to answer any questions and work on paperwork so you’ll probably get a chance to ask soon!

I never received the confirmation email. My appointment just appeared on my page.

I think I got the special needs IDA. First, he sent me the email with no dates. It just said, "Your Model 3 will be available between <blank>. Please choose the dates..."

I replied and told him there were no dates in his email. He replied back and said "Sept. 27-Oct. 4." Then he resent the original email with Sept. 28 through Oct 5 filled in for the dates. I replied back and chose the 28th. No reply. I replied back again a couple hours later. Still nothing. Then the date I picked just showed up on my page a few hours later.

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa and tvisdog
I thought every day after delivery day was the best part...? :)

hmmmmm, well since my delivery, getting my aftermarket wheels stuck on my car and watching them being pryed off like finger nails, then getting hit with a rock and cracking my windshield (finally getting fixed today), then noticing my glass roof is etched up or IR coating is peeling, then washing the car and feeling paint defects, and finding other cosmetic issues.

but the car is awesome! :)

Last edited:
hmmmmm, well since my delivery, getting my aftermarket wheels stuck on my car and watching them being pryed off like finger nails, then getting hit with a rock and cracking my windshield (finally getting fixed today), then noticing my glass roof is etched up or IR coating is peeling, then washing the car and feeling paint defects, and finding other cosmetic issues.

but the car is awesome! :)

If you had the car ceramic coated you shouldn't be feeling any paint defects, they should have clay barred and otherwise corrected the finish before they did the ceramic.