Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Selection Videos - Please Add....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe you can do the following:

Go to YouTube. Click your name in the upper right. Click "Video Manager". Find the video in question, and there should be a button next to it called "Edit", with a down-pointing arrow. If you click that arrow, one of the options is "Enhancements". I believe in the resulting window you can turn the "stabilize" feature off (or "Revert to Original").

Thanks for the tip Mike. I was able to back out the anti-shake enhancements. Apparently, they remove camera shake by twisting the video completely beyond recognition. The video is extremely shaky now, but much better than the post-processing enhancements added by YouTube.

Schlermie--thanks for the superb job in creating the videos and all the work you put into it. I personally appreciate it very much.

Observation--The silver car looks white in certain lighting in a number of photos and in Schlermie's video. Is this an artifact of the photography or is this a real effect that others have noticed in person? Makes me wonder whether Tesla has purposely chosen a number of their metallic paints to have lighting-dependent double hues, the blue, green and brown morphing to black and the silver to white. It's an extremely interesting effect.

ddruz -- I think the effect you're seeing on the silver in the video is mostly an artifact of the video. Having said that, Tesla's silver is definitely a very light silver, and when the sun is especially brilliant, you might have to do a double-take at certain angles to realize it's not white. However, 95% of the time, the silver is distinctly silver. I wouldn't describe it as a double hue though. There's no color changing effect. The video makes it look more white that it really is.

ddruz -- I think the effect you're seeing on the silver in the video is mostly an artifact of the video. Having said that, Tesla's silver is definitely a very light silver, and when the sun is especially brilliant, you might have to do a double-take at certain angles to realize it's not white. However, 95% of the time, the silver is distinctly silver. I wouldn't describe it as a double hue though. There's no color changing effect. The video makes it look more white that it really is.

Geek moment: Yes, you have to remember the human eye has the capability to process a high dynamic range of lighting simultaneously, where cameras cannot. So while a camera can get overloaded with light (blowing out the highs, which then affects everything else it processes), the human eye/brain can see the highlights, block what you don't need/want, and at the same time process the shadows and balance the rest of what you're looking at - keeping in check what's important to you.

So while some of these cars look almost black in the shade, or extremely bright in color, or silver looking like white, or whites even whiter than white in the sun, your eyes will almost always process these in the middle range while simultaneously catching the high and low tones of color, to where you will always enjoy more in person, than what any camera can ever attempt to portray at any moment.

Schlermie--thanks for the superb job in creating the videos and all the work you put into it. I personally appreciate it very much.

Observation--The silver car looks white in certain lighting in a number of photos and in Schlermie's video. Is this an artifact of the photography or is this a real effect that others have noticed in person? Makes me wonder whether Tesla has purposely chosen a number of their metallic paints to have lighting-dependent double hues, the blue, green and brown morphing to black and the silver to white. It's an extremely interesting effect.

I have mistaken the silver for white in several occasions, when the sun angle was right to get strong highlights on the car. I have also mistaken the blue for black when the sun angle didn't produce highlights.