Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

📈BREAKING @NASA CERES🌡️📈

Why was 2023 so extreme? The data is finally in!

The world absorbed a lot more sunlight, as less was reflected. THIS IS A CONSEQUENCE OF THE DECREASING ALBEDO DUE TO THE MELTED ICE AND SNOW CAUSED BY THE GHE.

While greenhouse gases kept most of the additional heat in.

Add El Niño and all temperature records shattered!

In this graph you can better understand how the decreasing ALBEDO affects the Globally Absorbed Solar Radiation.
In fact, while the Incoming Solar Radiation (W/m2) is almost constant in the period from 2001 to our days (brown line), the Globally Absorbed Solar Radiation (black line) increases at a high rate in the same period. And this is the reason why the Energy Imbalance caused by the GHE keeps growing.

So as you can see in the reported graph the increasing Globally Absorbed Solar Radiation is MAIN reason for the increase of the Temperature Deviation in 2023. (NASA Source)
This is caused by the decreasing ALBEDO.

View attachment 1027339

Here in this pic it's CRYSTAL CLEAR how the ALBEDO decreased from 2003 to our days because of the ICE and SNOW melted by the GHE.

In terms of global warming effect, the drop in Earth's reflectivity (ALBEDO) since 2020 (not a typo) is equivalent to instantly adding 100ppm CO2 to the atmosphere.

So, as I said, the decreasing ALBEDO ALONE makes the Earth Energy Imbalance caused by the GHE increase. We have a side result of the GHE, the melting of ice and snow, increase the Energy Imbalance and the Temperature Deviation.

In terms of global warming effect, the drop in Earth's reflectivity (ALBEDO) since 2020 (not a typo) is equivalent to instantly adding 100ppm CO2 to the atmosphere.

So, as I said, the decreasing ALBEDO ALONE makes the Earth Energy Imbalance caused by the GHE increase. We have a side result of the GHE, the melting of ice and snow, increase the Energy Imbalance and the Temperature Deviation.
That's why I agree with Dr. James Hansen.

"IPCC is wrong - we need a one degree limit on warming. Anything more than one degree could lead to a disaster."

Dr. James Hansen NASA Scientist
Columbia University 2013

In fact now we have a Global Temperature Deviation of 1.5°C and APPARENTLY the situation is ok, but the feedback loop consisting of the ALBEDO decreasing and making the Energy Imbalance increase could send the Climate Change issue out of control.

Dear friends, scientifically, this is not a Climate Crisis. We are now facing something deeper. Mass extinction. Air pollution. Undermining ecosystem functions. Really putting humanity's future at risk. This is a Planetary Crisis.

Prof. Johan Rockström
Director of Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research PIK, Internationally recognized Earth Scientist on Global Sustainability.

In the reported video Prof. J. Rockström mentions 16 tipping points for Climate, some of them interconnected each other, which could potentially trigger a real Domino Effect and as a consequence a Planetary Disaster.

I invite all TMC Members to watch the reported video.

Last edited:

Every day for the last 12 months, the world’s sea surface temperatures have broken records. The huge Temperature Anomaly could be a bad sign for Hurricane Season.

Ocean scientists are growing increasingly concerned.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
According to the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) about two billion people worldwide don't have access to safe drinking water today (SDG Report 2022), and roughly half of the world's population is experiencing severe water scarcity for at least part of the year because of the Climate Change issue.
These numbers are expected to increase, exacerbated by climate change and population growth according to the World Meteorological Office (WMO).

So it's not a good idea to leave Phoenix because of the water shortage IMO. Best thing is to work out the origin of this matter, that is to say the Climate Change issue.

The Global Temperature Deviation of March 14th 2024 was 1.96°C close to 2°C! (Red line).
As you can see from the graph it happened also in February 2024, in September 2023 and December 2023 (Yellow line). We are getting used too often to a Daily Temperature Deviation of 2°C.

This is really WORRISOME. So please don't look it up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Linkmeup

Tokyo (AFP) – China should speed up its transition away from coal, the new chief US climate negotiator John Podesta said Thursday, calling for Beijing to "take their responsibility seriously".

"China is the largest emitter (of greenhouse gases) in the world... They still have online in my view more coal than they need, and more coal than is good for the health of the world," Podesta said in Tokyo.

He praised Beijing's role in the UN's COP28 conference in Dubai in December when nations agreed to triple global renewables capacity this decade and to "transition away" from fossil fuels.

But Podesta added: "We just hope that (China's) transition away from coal would be a little faster than their current schedule."

Tokyo (AFP) – China should speed up its transition away from coal, the new chief US climate negotiator John Podesta said Thursday, calling for Beijing to "take their responsibility seriously".

"China is the largest emitter (of greenhouse gases) in the world... They still have online in my view more coal than they need, and more coal than is good for the health of the world," Podesta said in Tokyo.

He praised Beijing's role in the UN's COP28 conference in Dubai in December when nations agreed to triple global renewables capacity this decade and to "transition away" from fossil fuels.

But Podesta added: "We just hope that (China's) transition away from coal would be a little faster than their current schedule."
On January 31, 2024, it was announced that John Podesta will succeed John Kerry as top U.S. climate diplomat.

Any comment to go with the video? Why do people live in Phoenix, which is only getting hotter and doesn't have nearly enough water.

Low taxes, drawing in industry, and people move there. They are looking at ways to reduce per capita consumption to make the water last. Like most of the SW, the problem is that agriculture uses the most water. Also, those with Senior Water Rights are wasting water so as not to have their water rights taken away... it's like a department budget, if you use less, you get cuts because you obviously don't need as much.

Why...are the predictions so off?
I can give you my opinion based on the Climate research that I did. The Paris Agreement set a threshold of 1.5°C for the Global Temperature Deviation thinking that this was a threshold of safety.
Well IMO, and also according to Dr. James Hansen NASA Scientist, 1.5°C is not safe. In fact now that we have reached a Global Temperature Deviation of 1.5°C we have the reflectivity of the Earth (ALBEDO) decreasing at a high rate and causing this way a feedback loop which adds further Energy Imbalance to the Energy Imbalance produced by the GHE. That's why lately we have all the Temperature Deviation records broken.
I mean the Climate Change issue is going out of control because IMO 1.5°C is not safe and already produces the feedback loop that I described above.
Think that Dr. James Hansen, NASA Scientist, was right when he said that 1°C is a safe threshold for the Global Temperature Deviation.

• Informative
Reactions: Linkmeup
I can give you my opinion based on the Climate research that I did. The Paris Agreement set a threshold of 1.5°C for the Global Temperature Deviation thinking that this was a threshold of safety.
Well IMO, and also according to Dr. James Hansen NASA Scientist, 1.5°C is not safe. In fact now that we have reached a Global Temperature Deviation of 1.5°C we have the reflectivity of the Earth (ALBEDO) decreasing at a high rate and causing this way a feedback loop which adds further Energy Imbalance to the Energy Imbalance produced by the GHE. That's why lately we have all the Temperature Deviation records broken.
I mean the Climate Change issue is going out of control because IMO 1.5°C is not safe and already produces the feedback loop that I described above.
Think that Dr. James Hansen, NASA Scientist, was right when he said that 1°C is a safe threshold for the Global Temperature Deviation.
"IPCC is wrong - we need a one degree limit on warming. Anything more than one degree could lead to a disaster."

Columbia University 2013

Columbia University 2013

Global Warming (Temperature Deviation) of at least 2°C is now baked into Earth's future. That level of warmth will occur by midcentury.

Dr. James Hansen Former NASA Scientist and Director of NASA GISS.

Last edited:

In this video you can see the global sea level rise from 1900 to 2023 caused by the melted Ice because of the GHE of course.

Sea level rise (SLR) is one of the most severe impacts of climate change, with rising waters threatening to inundate small-island nations and coastal regions by the end of the century.

At the same time, SLR is one of the impacts with the largest uncertainties, with different studies projecting widely different ranges over the 21st century.

The Earth’s oceans have already risen by around 0.2m since the late 1800s, with the rate of SLR accelerating in recent decades. In its 2013 fifth assessment report (AR5), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) estimated that SLR was “unlikely” to exceed 1m this century, even if emissions were very high.

However, a number of studies published in the years since then suggest that the worst-case projections for SLR could be much higher – up to 2m or more this century.

• Informative
Reactions: eevee-fan