Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Child Safety and Rear Facing seat (SAFETY CONCERNS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because it's law to wear a seatbelt and the front seats are the most endangered in the majority of accidents.

I agree that with the front seat law for being buckled up and thus the alert is a great reminder for adults. It is also a law that ALL children under age 8 years old be buckled in appropriate safety seats. I guess my point is that if I paid the optional charge to install the rear facing safety seats, could Tesla create a similar alarm if the rear seat buckle was not latched as with the front seatbelt restraints. I know when I place my grandkids in they are buckled by me, but if they release the buckle an alert would be helpful, since I am unable to see that far into the back.

I have no idea if these products are any good, but if you are concerned about accidentally leaving a child buckled in back there is a company that sells a child seat minder system: Baby Alert International – ChildMinder® Systems

For detecting or preventing the opposite - when a seat belt is unbuckled - here are a few options: How to Keep Your Child in Their Seat Belt / Car Seat | My Precious Kid

I suppose if you were super worried you could employ one of each.

Great suggestions. Thank you for finding these products. Sometimes "we" can look and look and never find stuff like this. I appreciate your suggestions.