Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Kennebunk, Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
pfft....last year they showed me a 120v duplex (can't remember if it was a 5-15 or 5-20, not that it matters any) half buried in the landscaping out front by the loading/unloading check-in area (I was thinkin' to myself "that dog won't hunt!"). I drove around the badly needed re-surfacing parking lot just to see (for giggles and grins) if I could find any outlets on the lampposts.

i prefer to stay at these full service type of Hotels/Resorts that have dining and gym facilities but they were booked so we ended up staying at the fresh newish Island View Inn and LOVED it.

Back from my trip to Kennebunkport. With a full charge at the Hooksett SC, I could have technically made my way back without recharging (as we didn't drive much once there). However, we stopped by Nonamtum Resort for safety and asked if we could charge as non guests. The answer was yes for $25 or free with a meal. So we had lunch at their poolside grill (which is nothing to write home about btw). Got myself back to 90%. We had a bit of trouble to get their HPWC going though. Would give me a charge error, 30 amps and a message to check the power source. The friendly staff came by and turned off the breakers and reset the unit a few times. Ended up finally working at 40 amps. Both of heir units had the same behaviour. The clipper unit was used by a Volt. Not sure if that drew too much power from the panel or anything. All this to say, Nonamtum allows non guest charging but do know their HPWC set up seems finicky. That seems to be echoed by a few others on PlugShare.