Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Cable Organizer with Side Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking for one, also, and they are VERY hard to find! It's strange that the Tesla Wall Connectors have receptacles on their sides, but almost all of the aftermarket charge cable organizers have them on their fronts. All but the one below, anyway (so far). I actually want it on the left side rather than the right, because of where it's going to be mounted on the house, so I'm trying to figure out if the receptacles can be swapped so the Tesla one is on the left. They are obviously separate pieces. However, there are no photos of the inside. I may buy it, anyway. https://amzn.to/3MjPZJ2

Reactions: KITT 2.0
Here's a photo of the one I linked to, above:

Sparq.jpg

Here's a photo of the one I linked to, above:
While that is a very good looking product, I am laughing at the asinine way they have the cord looped in that product photo. It's like they started winding the cord clockwise to pose it for the photo, without realizing how it needed to go, and then got to the end, where the plug was coming down on the right side instead of up, like it should have been, and just were too lazy to redo it and just said, "Screw it, just bend that cord in a knot to stick it in the holster."

Well, it's mounted. As mentioned above, I swapped the charge handle receptacles left and right (so the Tesla handle was on the left side), but then changed the mounting location and ended up swapping them back.

This is a decent unit, but it's the only one I've ever had, so I don't have anything to compare with it. However, I did notice that another brand referred to their charge handle receptacle as using friction only. This made me think a handle could fall from theirs. This one actually has a nub or hook inside that prevents the Tesla handle from falling out. Lifting the handle slightly is all that's needed to remove it. I like that feature.

P.S. I rolled the cord the correct way for having the Tesla handle on the right (unlike the manufacturer's photo, above)!

SparQ - 2 (1).jpg
SparQ - 1.jpg
SparQ - 2.jpg
SparQ - 1 (1).jpg
!

Cable OrganizerI have been looking for one, also, and they are VERY hard to find! It's strange that the Tesla Wall Connectors have receptacles on their sides, but almost all of the aftermarket charge cable organizers have them on their fronts. All but the one below, anyway (so far). I actually want it on the left side rather than the right, because of where it's going to be mounted on the house, so I'm trying to figure out if the receptacles can be swapped so the Tesla one is on the left. They are obviously separate pieces. However, there are no photos of the inside. I may buy it, anyway. Amazon.com
Great suggestion. Turns out it’s not available on Amazon anymore, but it looks like you can get it directly from the manufacturer. Just ordered one. Here is a link for anyone else who needs it.
Cable Organizer

Reactions: Bart57266