Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my new 2023 Model Y 4 months ago. when i first looked on our app for an adapter the CCS1 adapter was showing up for $250. Now when i look on the app for an adapter only the J1772 adapter is showing up for $50. from what i understand if i want to use chargepoint fast charging i need the CCS1? any idea why the ccs1 is not showing up in my app or any other thoughts would be appreciated. TIA

I bought my new 2023 Model Y 4 months ago. when i first looked on our app for an adapter the CCS1 adapter was showing up for $250. Now when i look on the app for an adapter only the J1772 adapter is showing up for $50. from what i understand if i want to use chargepoint fast charging i need the CCS1? any idea why the ccs1 is not showing up in my app or any other thoughts would be appreciated. TIA
It’s right here: https://shop.tesla.com/product/ccs-combo-1-adapter?web=true

Reactions: adamek
Note that you don't have to get the Tesla CCS adapter since there are other 3rd party adapters that cost less and work just as well.

I have one from Lectron - this one. There are others on Amazon, AliExpress, etc. but I was wary of those because I'm doubtful of their quality and don't want to risk damaging my car or causing an electrical fire just to save a few bucks.

Reactions: adamek
Note that you don't have to get the Tesla CCS adapter since there are other 3rd party adapters that cost less and work just as well.

I have one from Lectron - this one. There are others on Amazon, AliExpress, etc. but I was wary of those because I'm doubtful of their quality and don't want to risk damaging my car or causing an electrical fire just to save a few bucks.
There are only three companies whose CCS1 adapters I am confident work well: Tesla, Lectron and A2Z.