Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger install cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all- I received a quote for wall charger install that seemed a bit high. We have a detached garage so there needs to be a tench dug between the house and charger. Quote is below. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hello all- I received a quote for wall charger install that seemed a bit high. We have a detached garage so there needs to be a tench dug between the house and charger. Quote is below. Thoughts? Thanks!

image didn’t upload- cost is $4100 to trench between the house and garage (~15 feet), install a new panel in the garage along with the charger install.

Is the trenching and remaining electrical installation broken out separately?
75056F75-0D34-419C-B787-DE8613C241B4.jpeg

Is the trenching and remaining electrical installation broken out separately?
It would also help if you could tell us where you are. In Florida trenching for the conduit and wire would be inexpensive since it only has to go down 18" in sand. In a rocky, cold environments very expensive.

Wisconsin - digging it by shovel... didn’t sound like anything too difficult

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
What if you dug the trench yourself or rented a trench digger? Maybe even run the wire yourself and just have an electrician make the final connections and inspect/confirm it was done properly. Problem is, that would be so inexpensive, you might have trouble finding an electrician willing to do such a small job.

I paid $14/ft for trenching (10ft), 100amp wire to my detached garage (40ft) with sub panel 100amp. I paid roughly $1500 USD, it was well worth it as I’m planning to add a Hot tub behind the garage which he even added the emergency shut off right were it’s going. It’s important to add the company was referred by Tesla as certified for installing Tesla home chargers in the area. The work also included all permits & inspection. It also included 2yrs workmanship warranty which I didn’t really care for since it’s inspected anyways.

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine