Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge your Tesla at home using clean energy ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my name is Dario and I have developed a system that makes possible to charge your Tesla using clean energy ONLY from your solar panels. I named it ChOp (charge optimizer).

If it rains, you don’t charge.
If you’re cooking your meal and using up your current production, you don’t charge.
But if the sun shines and the solar production is not used, then you charge full throttle!

The electric current used for charging will match your net production, so that you don’t waste any of your energy.
The system works currently for myself and my wife, and we've made huge savings with the current prices…. now I’d like to industrialise it and make it available for everyone who needs it.
My plan is to create an app, make it available on AppStore and Google Play, create a REST interface for my app, host it on a reliable server and distribute it.
It will work in Belgium if you have a Tesla, a charger (any brand), solar panels and a smart meter.

Via the app the user would be able to monitor the charge, get an idea on how much they saved until now, pause and restart the optimizer.
It will of course be a paid subscription, but donors will get a very special treatment (free lifetime subscription for the most generous ones).

If you want to contribute, please use this link: Charge your Tesla with solar energy ONLY
I’ll get back to work and create the app if I get enough interest from the community.
If you have questions please use the thread or pm me.

Proof it works?

Sure. This was yesterday. Sun was shining nice (see my solaredge inverter's curve below),

6E3DFEF9-A7BB-4D7D-93B8-9402AC1B4AEA_1_201_a.jpeg

I came back home around 2pm, plugged in and the optimizer brought my house consumption curve to zero by charging my Tesla with the appropriate current, until I had to leave (I unplugged around 4.30pm).

IMG_5437.PNG

You also see my teslafi report making a summary of the short (but effective) charge.
Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 09.32.22.png