Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Limit Issue (89% or 99%)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it were too cold and you set it to 90% got the 90 useable then technically you are set higher. Lithium batteries lose usable when cold. If you drive in the extreme cold you will see sometimes your battery % not going down for several miles because the battery heated up and you are gaining back some of that unusable battery

I have had that same issue. I thought it was something wrong but I ended up figuring it out while using teslafi. I would set and it was only showing 89% but 90as the set point in Tesla fi. Would only charge to 89% but in actuality is really was at 90%. Once it got warmer out I could set it back to 90 on the Tesla app. Nothing to worry about.

I just got a new LR AWD model 3. When I try to set the charge limit from the phone or in the car, I can't never set the charge limit to 100% instead when I moved the charge bar to the end, it shows 99% being the maximum. Also, when I moved the bar to the next lower level, it only shows 89% instead of 90%. Does anyone experiencing the same issue with a new model 3? Is this related to battery being cold or is it related to the battery requires tuning?
Does that 1% really make a difference?

I have had that same issue. I thought it was something wrong but I ended up figuring it out while using teslafi. I would set and it was only showing 89% but 90as the set point in Tesla fi. Would only charge to 89% but in actuality is really was at 90%. Once it got warmer out I could set it back to 90 on the Tesla app. Nothing to worry about.
I also saw the same in Tazlab app. Glad that it is not just me having this issue especially it's a new car where you don't want to see that being a bug.