Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing model Y from white to silver paint. Subject to new pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order from August for a Model Y LR that I just recently removed from hold. EDD is currently February/March but that can and probably will change daily. My price is $5k less than todays price.

Wondering if anyone has changed color from white to silver after silver has been changed to a free option and no longer $1k upgrade. I know in the past if you changed your order you entire pricing is updated to current price but wondering since there is no change in invoice price you can still hold on to your original order price.

I have an order from August for a Model Y LR that I just recently removed from hold. EDD is currently February/March but that can and probably will change daily. My price is $5k less than todays price.

Wondering if anyone has changed color from white to silver after silver has been changed to a free option and no longer $1k upgrade. I know in the past if you changed your order you entire pricing is updated to current price but wondering since there is no change in invoice price you can still hold on to your original order price.
Any change in order will result in new pricing other than removing FSD if you initially opt for it.

Reactions: PStewart and voxel
Any change in order will result in new pricing other than removing FSD if you initially opt for it.
Just became the color is free Doesnt mean you don’t pay the new sticker price for the car since Aug
Better off wrapping my entire car then paying the new price if this is true. lol
Although Tesla service advisor I spoke to said she wasn't sure if the opposite is true because they have adjusted price changes in past orders when prices went down. But that is done on delivery day and when making payment.