Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic coat those white seats or have a blue streak like this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I was paranoid. I did two applications of the Gyeon Leather Shield in Dec 2018, but I haven't reapplied since (have half a bottle left). Tesla SC left grease marks on my seats during my HW3 upgrade visit and they came right off using Gyeon Leather Cleaner.

Reactions: 08micev
I think it is best practice to wipe down the seats (regardless of white, black, whatever) with a damp towel every time you wash your car. Even better if you can give them a quick vacuum with a brush attachment prior. I use Optimum Protectant Plus to protect the pleather...it provides good UV blocking and acts as a sacrificial layer, making stains and scuffs less likely. Its cheap relative to a nano-coating and seems to work great.

I think it is best practice to wipe down the seats (regardless of white, black, whatever) with a damp towel every time you wash your car. Even better if you can give them a quick vacuum with a brush attachment prior

This is great advice. I give the interior a vacuum and wipe down the inside whenever I wash the car. When I got my NSX a few years ago, I don't think the owner ever cleaned his seats and the interior had lots and lots of cat hair.

What many people fail to realize is that the primary cause of wear/cracks/lines on leather (and pleather) surfaces is due to dirt accumulation that causes abrasion. Vacuum/wipe that dirt off regularly and you will have fantastic looking leather for many years to come. I anticipate vegan leather having the exact same characteristics.