Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash in winter at home [Need advice]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to recommend a great Canadian based online car wash supply store. The first time I ordered I asked a few questions and the email response was very quick. My second order shipped within 30 min of placing it. Highly recommend, no affiliation.
carzilla.ca
IIRC, they are from the Calgary area, and I agree, they are great. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them, they do not disappoint.

I picked up an $85 (on sale) 1500 PSI electric pressure washer from Amazon (with included foam canon) that stays in my garage (never gets below 5c) and fill a bucket with warm water and some higher end soap. Takes about 12-15 min (more if I dry it). There isn't much to celebrate these days but having a shiny black car to look at certainly helps.

Reactions: SilverGS
Sorry for the confusion.. I pull the car onto the driveway for the actual wash and then back in for the drying.
Do you get any "he's crazy" looks from neighbours driving/walking by? :)

I take mine to a DIY car wash station near my home. The owner has no problem with me using my own soap after using theirs for the initial wash and then I use their wash again after my soap application/wipe. Then I dry it with a towel after all in the bay. However I would not do this if the temperature is below zero. So long as its above freezing, its easy to do.

I'm planning on setting up my garage to do car washes at home. Not sure what my requirements would be given that the winters here can be brutal. Additionally, what type of waterproofing would I need to do to the walls(bathroom paint) and or floors(epoxy). Also, would the drain need to be outfitted with something special?

Any advice and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated from those of you that wash your cars at home in the winter.

P.S: I'm not planning on doing any type of rinseless car wash. I'm my opinion, those washes are very harsh on paint and a nightmare for scratches.

Thanks in advance.
As a new Mercedes owner (C220 CDI Xreg) I need advice on using auto car washes. Will the 3 corner star on the bonnet survive the spinning brushes? Or will it be snapped off?
I am aware of the concerns people will have about auto carwash damaging paint work etc, but I am more concerned about the survival of my bonnet badge.

I'm planning on setting up my garage to do car washes at home. Not sure what my requirements would be given that the winters here can be brutal. Additionally, what type of waterproofing would I need to do to the walls(bathroom paint) and or floors(epoxy). Also, would the drain need to be outfitted with something special?

Any advice and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated from those of you that wash your cars at home in the winter.

P.S: I'm not planning on doing any type of rinseless car wash. I'm my opinion, those washes are very harsh on paint and a nightmare for scratches.

Thanks in advance auto detailing laurel md.
should i start to new topic on the same topic?