Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't login to Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emailed SA and he replied

"The only slacker issues I’m aware of are a firmware issue that causes it to not load songs occasionally. Other than that, one of Slacker’s servers is located in Houston and is experiencing problems due to the recent weather.
I have copied our diagnostic team so that they can take a look for problems remotely."

I called in to the Tech Support line just now and after choosing option 2 (1 = roadside assistance, 2 = everything else) it immediately played an announcement that they are aware of an intermittent issue with internet based radio services including Slacker and working on a resolution.

I can't tell for sure that has anything to do with my login issue as I'm not sure when the above started and if it's more to do with what others are posting about here, which is not the same issue I'm having.

I was persistent and talked to Tech Support again. They told me that a basic level Slacker account won't work. So I upgraded to the Plus @ 3.99/mo. That was 5 hours ago. Still can't login, and it still fails immediately. Something is off, seems like a reset of some kind is needed internal to my car setup because it's just not taking enough time to attempt a network login check.

The SA also replied with

"After talking with m,y diagnostic technician this is a bug within the firmware of the vehicle. They are working on a resolution for it now and it will be included in an upcoming firmware revision. " it

Today it seems to be working fine, though the album arts is still missing on the instrument console.

FINALLY got a solution. My password had a special character in it (plus sign), which apparently isn't allowed. Doh.

However, now that I can login I'm very disappointed to see that my custom stations that I spent time creating and adjusting, don't show up. I don't see any mention in the manual about this one way or another... but what the heck is the point to having a personal Slacker account if you can't create/customize stations and use them in the car?! Hopefully I'm missing something but I played around in the interface as much as I could and didn't see anything.

Try Favoriting the station. I've definitely seen changes in favorites show up in the car and online.

Ah... it took me a bit to understand this but I got it.

In the Tesla Streaming tab, search for an artist/song. Favorite that. Then I can login to the website and that station shows up - but not in the "Custom Stations" area, in the "Stations and Specials" area. But that does add it to the list of stations displayed when clicking the + on an artist, so I can update just like a custom station and also rename it. It's a bit more convoluted than I was looking for, but it works. Thanks!

I have been unable to get anything on the entertainment system except for radio.

I get the same error on login. Says to use Tesla account credentials and it quickly pops up " unable to log in ". Mine does not even recognize slacker login when I'm on WiFi. I was going to change to a premium service on slacker but a member tried that and was still unable to log in.

I have sent messages to Tesla and received no reply. There's a spot there to elevate the issue, so I guess I'll have to do that. Although it sounds like Tesla doesn't know what's wrong either"

I did read about the password having a special character in it and mine does. But I thought that was a requirement of Tesla's login credentials. My car is out with my wife right now when it comes back I will change my Tesla account password to remove special character and see what happens.

But what I can't understand is why Tesla support doesn't have 8 answer for the problem., or at least a standard answer for this question. Seems like everybody who asks TS gets a different explanation for the problem but has yet to receive any solution.
Why only a percentage of the cars are having the problem. Does it seem like that would be a slacker issue or an update issue

Has anybody found a fix for this yet?

@Traveler1600 , the password seems to be limited to alphanumeric characters. I got the email & password for the Tesla account for my car from my local service center, and that password had only a-z, 0-9. Definitely change your password if that's not the case for yours. There might be other issues too but that's a known issue.

And I agree that it's disappointing that it took 2 weeks before Tesla tech support asked me that. It should be part of the basic Level 1 support triage type questions for a Slacker login issue.

Well, I just changed the password to remove the special character. Tried to login to streaming again. Slackers screen came up, I tried to put my email address and password in and sign-in - that didn't work. It said unable to login "please try again later." So I left the email and address filled out and pushed " sign in my Tesla count.". That didn't work either. This time it said "captcha required to login please contact service". So then I removed the email and password ; pushed the "use Tesla account" it immediately came up with the message "captcha required to login please contact service". I forgot to mention that I'm hooked to wifi now but it does the same with WiFi on or off

I've had the car only about three months but it was working with no problem up to about a week ago.

Again Tesla hasn't returned any of the emails that I sent so I guess I'm going to have to bring it to the service station.

I haven't picked my service station yet. I've been trying to Find out which has a better record with customers --Atlanta or Jacksonville --but I can't find any data on that.

This FIXED issue Twice. Service said “it was a coding issue between Slacker and Tesla Car “ and Help line claims they are “working on issue”. So neither helped and No streaming. SOLUTION: Factory reset. Go to settings, service & reset, Car software factory reset. It’s a pain as you have to re-program your garage remote and comfort settings. For some reason my Slacker Favorites remained.