Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't connect to Tunein

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an appointment with the SC tomorrow for these issues. My SC has been pulling my logs and working with engineering on this. They said the Tune-In and Slacker issues are due to a software problem and they are working on it. They said the slow throughput over LTE is an issue between Tesla and AT&T, but they can't quite put their finger on it, so they want to use my car as a benchmark for some testing.

Other threads have discussed the TuneIn issues, which I have experienced, but so far my Slacker has been OK.
USB is usually OK, but the media system has always -- to the best of my recollection -- occasionally switched sources when the car is parked. I'll be playing the USB, park the car, and find come back to find some random FM station playing. Fortunately that happens only once a month or so.
Keeping my fingers crossed that Slacker is OK for me when I use the car next time!

Suddenly, tonight (12/6) my TuneIn is downloading at its original speed - no delays or skips. I did not have a new system update, so the improvement comes from some other source.

+1
I experienced the same tonight. Not quite back to original speeds but MUCH improved! Slacker also loading full songs MUCH quicker than the past 5 weeks or so.

Reactions: David29
Same 'Loading Error' on my Model S right from day one for selected podcasts. Radio stations on TuneIn work fine. Contacted TuneIn support and they acknowledged that Tesla developers are working on a fix for the APIs integrated. They asked me to call Tesla support and inform them as well. Called Tesla support and they too mentioned that there is a known issue at their end and they will roll out a fix in a future release. ETA is still now known.

• Informative
Reactions: David29