Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad my impromptu query has led to shedding light for a bunch more folks waiting up here. It does seem that a pattern has emerged that the SSL's are the only ones with known VINs so far. On the other hand, what we have in the last two days is just a snapshot at one moment.

We know from GeorgeB's generous communications that Candian production only began in the last couple weeks. It seems plausible that only small percentage of production slots have been reserved for Canada cars. They still have so many supply and logistics challenges to address that it was probably unrealistic to assume that all Canadian Signatures would be produced in one continuous undiluted block.

I agree with @clea. Seems Canadian VINs start at 2000 or 2001, the first 20+ or these are going to "Signature Special" cars, that is Roadster owners. Then the regular Signatures start, and should count up to at least VIN 02150 or so. Best info we have is that at least 150 Canadian Signatures were actually reserved, and then about 40-50 of the original 200 allocation were shifted to the U.S. in October.

Furthermore, it seems that they inserted about 950 U.S. "R" (non-Signature Roadster owners) and "P" (general production) VINs in between the U.S. Signatures and the Canadian Signatures. This was probably done to fill all the production slots while they finalized all the Canadian approvals, export/import requirements, and shipping arrangements, that is what we are now waiting for! So that way, even though a bunch of Canadian cars have actually been built (over 100 it seems), they are on hold now, but will be delivered close to overall VIN sequence with U.S. cars, starting in mid-December. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Given the reservation numbers posted earlier and that SS1 is at 2001. I should have been at ~VIN ...2052. I am confirmed at VIN ...2032 (from S29) so looks like 20 SS's or S's before me deferred, move to R or cancelled. Sort of surprised at that.

Given the reservation numbers posted earlier and that SS1 is at 2001. I should have been at ~VIN ...2052. I am confirmed at VIN ...2032 (from S29) so looks like 20 SS's or S's before me deferred, move to R or cancelled. Sort of surprised at that.

It's possible, but another option is that they may have done some slight batching due to configurations. Because I'm fairly certain that there wouldn't have been 6 out of 23 SSL's cancelling (since mine is 2017, only 17 SSL's are in front of my VIN). It's all moot because they will be delivering most Sig's at once, or at least within a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
At least I got a nice break from the 3rd -> 25th from checking my e-mail compulsively and refreshing the My Tesla page.

Although my F5 key is nearly worn out from pushing it several times a day this week.

I might have to stock up on a few extra keyboards if I can't finalize soon. :biggrin:

Hello Canada!!! Just a quick note...

General Production reservation holders will also be hearing from us soon. General Production configurations for Canada are on track to start right around the end of the month.

GeorgeB

At least I got a nice break from the 3rd -> 25th from checking my e-mail compulsively and refreshing the My Tesla page. Although my F5 key is nearly worn out from pushing it several times a day this week. I might have to stock up on a few extra keyboards if I can't finalize soon. :biggrin:

If you do have to replace it I recommend Filco keyboards with mechanical switches - much easier on the fingers. I suspect I'm not the only Signature holder checking their email on a very regular basis hoping for some news of delivery events now that US general production delivery has begun.

A couple of tidbits that I haven't seen posted elsewhere:

1. The snow tires are being handled by the local service centers and put together there (they have the tires, rims and pressure sensors). Phone to put your name on the list of you want them (Toronto service: 905-678-1000). Tesla will store your summers for $150 or you can take them with you.
2. The green license plate for Ontario will be done at the time of pickup (no vanity plates for the green plates).
3. Tesla will also help with the paperwork for the Ontario rebate.

I was told by Martin that they will deduct the rebate from the bill of sale.
This needs to be clarified as who knows how long it would take the government to send it.

Not sure how Ontario will be handled but I called MRNF (mistère des ressources naturelles et de la faune du Québec). They manage the Roulez électrique program that provides the $8K rebate in Qc and 50% of the charger installation at home. Tesla is not a partner at this point. They have the Roadster in their DB but not the TMS. I'll try to get to the right person at TM (I've heard , Martin, Hans, Eli,... maybe some body in this forum can help me by providing their coordinates) to know if we will get the rebate from at contract signature or if we have to ask for it post-sale (the lady there swore that within 4 weeks of the request we would get a reimbursment if the 4 documents required are provided). Now TM will have to collaborate either via partnering with MRNF like GM for the Volt, Nissan for the LEAf , ... or help us get the necessary paperwork filled.

PB