Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Import Restriction - USA into Canada of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I should count me as one of the lucky ones that found a used Tesla in Canada. 
Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking. Where did you find your used Tesla? So far my best source has been autotrader, but there certainly aren't many there.

I did see the 60 in winipeg, and they clearly say that it's a US car, they possibly imported it during the one month when that was legal, or they cheated, illegal imports are not exactly uncommon when it comes to US vehicles.

There are some reasonable vehicles starting to show up, we're up to about 5 cars in Canada used for sale right now... (well, I have a bad gut feeling about one that may be a scam, so maybe I should say 4) I'm still crossing my fingers that the market in Canada will improve before I've saved up enough money, or that Tesla will do the right thing and stop the protectionist BS.

(as a side note, seat belt colouring may be specified for new vehicles manufactured in Canada, but from personal experience importing a vehicle with grey buttons, I can tell you that it's not something they force on imported vehicles)