Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still haven’t got any text or email yet (OD May 14, EDD July 19-30). Anyone got their delivery day scheduled on Vancouver Island?
Grand opening of the Langford service/delivery centre is July 27th so that might throw a wrench in things....who knows...maybe not. Not sure what the transition from the temporary Douglas St. location to Langford is going to entail.

If I were you, I'd go into the Douglas location in person and try to schedule or at least find out the plan.

My car took a week to get to the island. I was given the option to get it in Vancouver a week earlier or wait. But this was back in October so not sure if things have changed.

Reactions: Bounderwarer
June 22, Alberta. Financing form finished and approved June 24 and then again for some reason June 28 i think because of a discount applied for some reason.

Getting worried im gonna lose the great interest rate i had :-( .
I ordered a day before you, and mine is on MORNING MARGARETA.

Financing is usually valid for 30 days, so you're definitely going to be cutting it close...

Everyone press F for our fallen brother CaptStealthy has he is still waiting for his car that is stuck in the middle of the ocean while we're all getting ours. 🫡
Appreciate the thoughts and prayers, lol.

I'm honestly just going to try my best to not even think about it for the rest of the week. If I can get through this week and the weekend without driving myself insane, then by Monday/Tuesday, the ship will actually be moving and arriving at the port.

Just chiming in based on my May 10th Order. Picked it up last Thursday (July 13th). Had some front end PPF installed and the installer said this was in the top 2 best assembled Tesla's he's ever seen. Trim alignment, door gaps, paint quality, etc. were all perfect. While we may not get HW3 just yet with Shanghai builds, I will take the major boost in build quality any day of the week. Any questions feel free to ask.

2023 Tesla Model Y.jpg

So this is a bit interesting. I had assumed my car was on the Viking Sea based on when my VIN was assigned, the EDDs I had and the way the dates shifted with the port strike, just like everyone else who was tracking the Viking Sea shipment.

I got my email to schedule delivery yesterday but the earliest date I could get was Thursday, July 27th in Vancouver. I called customer service today to see if I could potentially move since some of you have earlier dates and they said my car is still in transit and has not reached the port yet. This indicates that it is on the Morning Margareta.

This really throws a wrench into my travel plans to Oregon. We were ok with not having the car for the trip, but apparently the 27th delivery can still fluctuate so we need to be prepared to pick it up within 3 days of it being available or else we have to go back into the queue all over.

Reactions: Bob123
So this is a bit interesting. I had assumed my car was on the Viking Sea based on when my VIN was assigned, the EDDs I had and the way the dates shifted with the port strike, just like everyone else who was tracking the Viking Sea shipment.

I got my email to schedule delivery yesterday but the earliest date I could get was Thursday, July 27th in Vancouver. I called customer service today to see if I could potentially move since some of you have earlier dates and they said my car is still in transit and has not reached the port yet. This indicates that it is on the Morning Margareta.

This really throws a wrench into my travel plans to Oregon. We were ok with not having the car for the trip, but apparently the 27th delivery can still fluctuate so we need to be prepared to pick it up within 3 days of it being available or else we have to go back into the queue all over.
If you car were on the next ship I doubt they could schedule you for July 27 pick up… May be they just meant the car is in transit (from the port parking lot) to Vancouver?

most reps dont seem to know anything LOL

I'd be surprised if it was on MM if they let you schedule delivery for the 27th. Isn't it scheduled to be in port on the 25th? They are fast unloading but seems tight for the 27th and letting you book already.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Yeah @mspx I would very much take that with a grain of salt, lol.

When you called in, did you talk to a local SA in Vancouver, or was it one of the call center agents?
It was a call centre agent. I have no idea how to get ahold of my sales rep. The Vancouver store is terrible after you pay your order fee. They don’t answer emails (I sent 4 emails on a different issue back in May both to the rep and the general location email address) and no one got back to me. The phone number just directs you to the call centre.

The woman on the phone said my car wasn’t scheduled to arrive at port until the 25th, which is why I assumed it’s on MM now.

This is so stressful with a vacation planned. Oregon is close so it’s easy to get back to pick it up but this is so annoying to have plans in flux.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptStealthy
It was a call centre agent. I have no idea how to get ahold of my sales rep. The Vancouver store is terrible after you pay your deposit. They don’t answer emails (I sent 4 emails on a different issue back in May both to the rep and the general location email address) and no one got back to me. The phone number just directs you to the call centre.

The woman on the phone said my car wasn’t scheduled to arrive at port until the 25th, which is why I assumed it’s on MM now.

This is so stressful with a vacation planned. Oregon is close so it’s easy to get back to pick it up but this is so annoying to have plans in flux.
Hmmm....I guess if she was that precise about the port arrival then it is on MM.

Right? I don’t know what to believe anymore. I find it so strange. Also based on how long it takes to unload and send to the delivery centres, I feel like the 27th will be pushed back.
Based on what @Mr Miserable said in the 2023 shipping thread, we actually have no clue when MM will dock. The ETA that is on the websites is based on AIS and is estimated based on many factors. If you’re booked for July 27 then maybe the MM will be docking sooner. It’s hard to tell. I don’t know by experience whether Tesla gets trigger happy with their delivery bookings or if they know a more accurate delivery date. For instance, my EDD is August 4-18. I haven’t received a VIN or any updates on delivery for a couple of weeks now. All I’ve been told by the SA is they’re expecting the shipment to arrive on August 9th.