Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear as this aligns with what my SA told me!
Might be worth checking to see if you have the same advisor or Tesla delivery location! If so it would make sense that they would give the same information to their customers and if your VINs are similar.

My VIN is also the Oct 23rd build day. Tesla app still shows a delivery range to Dec 3 which lines up with my expectation if the car is on the boat arriving Nov 25 and pickup will be a week after. imo the probability of having two boats leaving Shanghai between Oct 23 and Nov 12 seems low.

Might be worth checking to see if you have the same advisor or Tesla delivery location! If so it would make sense that they would give the same information to their customers and if your VINs are similar.

My VIN is also the Oct 23rd build day. Tesla app still shows a delivery range to Dec 3 which lines up with my expectation if the car is on the boat arriving Nov 25 and pickup will be a week after. imo the probability of having two boats leaving Shanghai between Oct 23 and Nov 12 seems low.

How did you find the build date?

How did you find the build date?
A few pages back, there is discussion about a guy on reddit who has a database of Tesla's and their build dates and features https://www.reddit.com/r/ModelY/comments/15h4bfk You can post your VIN and ask, but there are enough data points in the post to narrow down your build date. 228139 Oct 22, 228377 Oct 23, 229944 Oct 24. So if your VIN falls in this range, its between Oct 22-24.

• Informative
Reactions: cg_11
All of the recent builds as late as Oct 24 are still the 2023 models. At this point I think they're going to switch to 2024 model year in January 2024. No sign of HW4 either so it might be a 2024 "upgrade" too.

Also to be specific, I ordered from "existing inventory" when the cars were showing "in transit", the Delivery Center people said the cars were at the port (don't know which port) as of Dec 17, and arrived at the DC on the 18th.

So, it seems like there WAS a mystery ship that carried a bunch of cars from Shanghai, sometime after Oct 23.

Anyhow - the cars are at least in BC and on their way east!

All of the recent builds as late as Oct 24 are still the 2023 models. At this point I think they're going to switch to 2024 model year in January 2024. No sign of HW4 either so it might be a 2024 "upgrade" too.

Also to be specific, I ordered from "existing inventory" when the cars were showing "in transit", the Delivery Center people said the cars were at the port (don't know which port) as of Dec 17, and arrived at the DC on the 18th.

So, it seems like there WAS a mystery ship that carried a bunch of cars from Shanghai, sometime after Oct 23.

Anyhow - the cars are at least in BC and on their way east!
Did they push your delivery date back at all or did they confirm it leading up to your DD? I also ordered from the existing inventory. Order was made Nov 7th and got to schedule the delivery date almost immediately (Nov 24th) however the SA said the DD is not confirmed until the vehicle arrives to the DC. Haven't heard anything since. VIN is 228xxx.

When I picked up my 3 in 2020, I was contacted by someone at the delivery centre about 1 week prior to delivery date to set up an appointment. Maybe they dropped this practice and automated everything. My Nov 23 delivery has not changed, but I plan to call Tesla tomorrow to confirm that the car is at the delivery centre before showing up on Thursday for pick up. I don't want to show up for pickup and be told the apparently standard "car is still at the port waiting for customs clearance" as I'm pretty sure this is just a BS statement to deflect blame for not having your car ready to go. I don't see it taking more than a few hours for a load of cars to clear customs as Tesla has done this many times this year and I'm sure they use experienced customs brokers to do this.

If my MYLR with tow hitch is actually ready for pick up on Nov 23, then it was on board the mystery ship that arrived on Nov 17. If not, then it's on the Grand Dahlia and I'll have to wait another few days.

Build quality is excellent. Gaps are even and everything lines up. The checklist you find from popular sites are mainly based on US-made cars that were lacking in QA. I spent 30 mins going though the car inside and out, and really couldn't find any glaring issues. There were some adhesive residues from the driver side door handle area that the DC reps easily wiped off. very happy with our first Tesla as far as first impression goes.

My DD has always been Nov 19. They did try to push it back one day to Nov 20 because they weren't sure if the car would clear customs on time, but in the end they got the car at DC and kept my date. If you already chose a DD I think you'll get it on or a day or two after your chosen date.

Just called Tesla and the rep confirmed that my car is at the Vancouver delivery centre ready for scheduled pickup on Nov 23. VIN is same as assigned (228xxx so Oct 23 build). He didn't have info on when the car arrived in Vancouver. The only information he was able to confirm was that the delivery team dropped off the car 2 days ago. So looks like DD is accurate for me. I would, however, still recommend calling 1-2 days ahead of your DD to confirm your car is at the delivery centre.

This shipment of LR came with Pirelli Elect Scorpions MS all season tires!

Just got to schedule my delivery. This was inventory vehicle that showed up suddenly yesterday and had to cancel my original order as this was discounted price. Scheduled for tomorrow. Any tips on what to check during delivery for 2023 MYLR? Also don’t think this would be rejected by another customer due to any defects?