Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like that boat just dropped off a load of Teslas in Japan and en route to Vancouver. Japan receive their cars from Shanghai as well.
The Viking Sea was in Turkey, Egypt and Singapore before heading to Japan so it did not stop in Shanghai. Similarly, the Liberty Peace arriving in New Westminster on Nov 12 left Japan on Oct 21, headed to Korea, then left for New Westminster on Oct 30. If the ship stopped by Shanghai before Oct 21, then our Oct 22-23 builds won't be on it. The Istra Ace expected on Nov 18 left Japan yesterday but was in Australia previously, so also did not stop in Shanghai.

Hoping I'm wrong, but I think our cars are still in Shanghai. I'm keeping an eye on TeslaCarriers which tracks Tesla ships leaving Shanghai and their destinations. So far, nothing heading towards Vancouver.

Weird so we don’t know when they’re coming or if this November batch with be on time for those of us with the nov 6 - nov 20 edd?
There are several vehicle carriers expected in Shanghai over the next few days. If one of them gets loaded with Teslas, it will show up on the TeslaCarriers Tesla Carriers - 🟧Heystack website which tracks every ship that are carrying Teslas to different destinations. Once we see a ship listed as leaving Shanghai and headed to Vancouver, add about 2 weeks from the departure date for the cars to arrive in Vancouver. Add another few days for prep and getting to the delivery centre after that. Given that a Vancouver bound carrier hasn't left Shanghai yet, it is highly unlikely that delivery will be by Nov 20 but not impossible as one of the previous ships to Vancouver was able to cross the ocean in 11 days. I can see delivery by the end of the month or beginning of December if a carrier leaves over the next week.

Just received a delivery schedule of Nov 23! TeslaCarriers hasn't updated to show anything coming to Vancouver so I can only assume that the ship is in Shanghai port loading today or tomorrow. Others in Vancouver will probably get a delivery notice today.

What does this mean for my Nov 24th delivery date in Vancouver?? 😕
I was assigned my delivery date on Nov 8. The ship arrived in Shanghai on Nov 11 and left on Nov 12 02:16 UTC. It seems to me that the delivery dates were assigned before the ship left Shanghai so maybe the ship was late getting into port? In August, the Viking Sea made it from Shanghai to Vancouver in 11 days so it's possible that the Grand Dahlia will arrive on Nov 23 in which case your Nov 24 delivery date might not change. Ship travel times can vary based on ocean currents and ship speed so we'll have a more accurate ETA in about a week. The Port of New Westminster schedule shows the ship is expected on Nov 25, but that will get updated as the ship gets closer. My delivery date is Oct 23. I'm pretty sure it will be bumped 1-3 days forward.

I was assigned my delivery date on Nov 8. The ship arrived in Shanghai on Nov 11 and left on Nov 12 02:16 UTC. It seems to me that the delivery dates were assigned before the ship left Shanghai so maybe the ship was late getting into port? In August, the Viking Sea made it from Shanghai to Vancouver in 11 days so it's possible that the Grand Dahlia will arrive on Nov 23 in which case your Nov 24 delivery date might not change. Ship travel times can vary based on ocean currents and ship speed so we'll have a more accurate ETA in about a week. The Port of New Westminster schedule shows the ship is expected on Nov 25, but that will get updated as the ship gets closer. My delivery date is Oct 23. I'm pretty sure it will be bumped 1-3 days forward.
My advisor confirmed the MY is in BC. It's at the port awaiting customs clearance for release. Although I have a scheduled pick up date, they say the delivery date won't be confirmed until the vehicle arrives at the pick up location.

My advisor confirmed the MY is in BC. It's at the port awaiting customs clearance for release. Although I have a scheduled pick up date, they say the delivery date won't be confirmed until the vehicle arrives at the pick up location.
My MYLR has an assigned VIN that shows a build date of Oct 23 out of Giga Shanghai ( https://www.reddit.com/r/ModelY/comments/15h4bfk) To date, there haven't been any ships carrying Teslas arriving in Vancouver so I can't see how the car is already sitting at the port. You can narrow down the build date of your MY by using the reddit site. If it's last week of October, I'm pretty sure your car is on the Grand Dahlia.

I checked with my advisor this morning concerning my delivery date of Nov 22nd. They confirmed that my MYLR has already docked and is pending import through the port of Vancouver. It is scheduled to arrive at the showroom on the 20th and will be ready for my pickup appointment on the 22nd.

I checked with my advisor this morning concerning my delivery date of Nov 22nd. They confirmed that my MYLR has already docked and is pending import through the port of Vancouver. It is scheduled to arrive at the showroom on the 20th and will be ready for my pickup appointment on the 22nd.
That's great news for you! For me, I hope this isn't the case for the new cars coming in Nov 25th. A wait time for the import process of 1.5 months (Oct 10 Dream Diva arrival at port to your Nov 20 showroom delivery) is less than ideal.