Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can HW3 on model Y be upgraded to HW4? [no]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"No one is a candidate for HW4 upgrade from HW3" is the full and complete answer, but for corroboration on that, here is some further info:

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'm curious to know why you would want to? I have HW 2.5 on our 2018 Model 3 and HW4 on our 2023 MX. I have EAP on the 3 and it works great. I even have summon although I would not trust it without monitoring what the vehicle is doing, which it does well for the most part. Our 2023 MX does not have summon, nor dose the driver door open fully when you approach like our 2018 MX did. I was considering upgrading the 2.5 in the 2018 Model 3 to HW3 for a little clarity on the side repeaters on the back up screen but I feel it's not worth the asking $1,000.00.

I have HW 2.5 on our 2018 Model 3 and HW4 on our 2023 MX. I have EAP on the 3 and it works great.
I was considering upgrading the 2.5 in the 2018 Model 3 to HW3 for a little clarity
on the side repeaters on the back up screen but I feel it's not worth the asking $1,000.00.

I try to remember in which tread someone mentioned it, but I believe that if you subscribe to FSD,
you could get a free Model 3 FSD 3.0 hardware update. I think this was for the monthly subscription.
But best would be to check this directly with Tesla.

I try to remember in which tread someone mentioned it, but I believe that if you subscribe to FSD,
you could get a free Model 3 FSD 3.0 hardware update. I think this was for the monthly subscription.
But best would be to check this directly with Tesla.
I feel they may offer a waver on the $1,000 computer upgrade if I were to do a FSD purchase or subscription. As it currently shows, they're looking for the money.

1698163939897.png