Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Air Filter replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going through contortions trying to find a cheaper filter for my 2015 85D (original front fascia) and then discovered as has been posted above that Tesla has dropped the price to $8.25.

Don't know about the newer fascia, but definitely start by checking with Tesla.

I compared the amazon Wix filter with the Tesla oem unit and found them to be visibly identical. But the Wix is now 3X-4X the price of the OEM filter, so no reason to do that.

And the Tesla one is carbon also, so no difference there.

Model S Cabin Air Filter Comparison - 1035125-00-A vs. Wix WP10176

Last edited:
There is another cabin filter on Amazon but this one is $15.97 w/free shipping https://www.amazon.com/Cleenaire-Advanced-Protection-Bacteria-Allergens/dp/B071CVJDGW

Does the factory filter have the sames features?

• DOUBLE ACTIVATED CARBON Providing Unmatched Absoration Of Harmful Gases, Toxins, And Odors, The Most Advanced Cabin Filtration On The Market
  • SEVEN STAGE PROTECTION- Two Layers Of Activated Carbon, Four Layers Of Colbond Long Fiber, and One Electrostatic Nonwooven Needle Punch Cloth Provides Unmatched Filtration. DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR PASSENGERS From The Dangerous Effects Of Air Pollution, Headaches, Fatigue, Dizziness, Irritability, And Those Are Just The Short Term Effects
  • REINFORCED FRAMING SURROUNDING THE ENTIRE PERIMETER Provides Unmatched Stability And Sealing To Prevent Contaminated Air Bypassing The Filter
  • BOTH SIDES OF THE FILTER Are Equally Protected With Activated Coconut Shell Carbon And BI-Directional Design Means NO MORE Dreaded Airflow Arrow! All While Maintaining A HIGH AIRFLOW Coming Out Of Your Vents
  • KEEP YOUR CAR SMELLING FRESH And Its Passenger Healthy No ONE Gets Your Air Cleaner Than Cleenaire

The tesla OE version (and the one from Amazon I compared) look very similar, and do have a rigid frame, but also are directional, meaning they have an arrow for airflow direction.

I Dont know anything about how many layers of media in the tesla filter.

There is another cabin filter on Amazon but this one is $15.97 w/free shipping https://www.amazon.com/Cleenaire-Advanced-Protection-Bacteria-Allergens/dp/B071CVJDGW

Does the factory filter have the sames features?

• DOUBLE ACTIVATED CARBON Providing Unmatched Absoration Of Harmful Gases, Toxins, And Odors, The Most Advanced Cabin Filtration On The Market
  • SEVEN STAGE PROTECTION- Two Layers Of Activated Carbon, Four Layers Of Colbond Long Fiber, and One Electrostatic Nonwooven Needle Punch Cloth Provides Unmatched Filtration. DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR PASSENGERS From The Dangerous Effects Of Air Pollution, Headaches, Fatigue, Dizziness, Irritability, And Those Are Just The Short Term Effects
  • REINFORCED FRAMING SURROUNDING THE ENTIRE PERIMETER Provides Unmatched Stability And Sealing To Prevent Contaminated Air Bypassing The Filter
  • BOTH SIDES OF THE FILTER Are Equally Protected With Activated Coconut Shell Carbon And BI-Directional Design Means NO MORE Dreaded Airflow Arrow! All While Maintaining A HIGH AIRFLOW Coming Out Of Your Vents
  • KEEP YOUR CAR SMELLING FRESH And Its Passenger Healthy No ONE Gets Your Air Cleaner Than Cleenaire
I bought this one. Fits perfectly. No complaints so far. Next time I am at the SC I will check to see if we have the $8 pricing option and will pick up a couple if so.